Carlow Campus Open Day
Open Day is an ideal opportunity to find out more about the complete range of courses on offer at the Institute of Technology Carlow. It is also a great chance to experience student life on campus. So come along to our Open Day, meet our Academic Staff and talk to current students.
Open evening will take place on our Carlow campus Wednesday 16th January at 6pm-8pm.
Thursday 15th November 2018
Speak to staff members and current students at information stands located in the Exhibition area (Atrium), Haughton Building and Barrow Centre 10:00am - 1:30pm.
Download our schedule below to find out about everything that will be happening on the Open Day.
Carlow Campus Open Day Includes:
- A general talk on course / career choices and transition to higher education. This talk will be held in Lecture Hall A102 and will be repeated four times with the first talk commencing at 10.00am followed by 10.45am, 11.15am and 12noon.
- Individual course talks across a range of discipline areas delivered by academic staff at regular time intervals. See IT Carlow Schedule pdf above.
- An Open Day Exhibition in the Central Services Building, in our Student Services Centre (Barrow Centre) and in our Haughton Centre. This exhibition will provide information stands on Courses, Admissions, Access, Accommodation, Health Care, Students Union, Clubs & Societies etc.
- SUSI will be represented once again on campus this year at Open Day to answer all your questions in relation to financial support for college.
- View demonstrations in the Student Services Centre (Barrow Centre) Sports Hall from a sample of our Clubs & Societies.
- Library Tours will be available on the day providing an opportunity to view all the facilities and supports provided to learners while in college. Call in to view the three floors of our Learning Resource area, which houses our library and speak to staff at the desk if you would like a tour.
- An IT Carlow Open Day Debate organised by our Built Environment Department will take place in Rooms C135 (Nore Building) and K103, K104 (Dargan Centre) from 9.30am to 4.00pm. Schools from around the country will participate and visiting guidance counsellors, staff and students are welcome to drop in to listen to the arguments for and against the motion.
- Information for visiting students will be provided on arrival. All students on entering the institute will receive the Schedule of Events.
- Open Day Help Desks will be available throughout the campus staffed by Institute of Technology Carlow students to facilitate any questions your students may have and to assist them in locating course talks that they may wish to attend.
- A meeting for Guidance Counsellors with the Head of Student Services and Access Officer, followed by the main information session with President of Institute of Technology Carlow, Dr Patricia Mulcahy.
Open Day is an ideal opportunity to find our more about the complete range of courses on offer at the Instititute of Technology Carlow and a chance to experience student life on campus. Avail of the Help Desks located around the campus - the students there will be happy to assist you.
- Go to as many course talks as possible and ask questions.
- Visit the departmental stands and ask questions about the courses on offer.
- Visit our Admissions stand, ask questions about our application process and pick up an Institute prospectus.
- Ask at stands to take a tour of that department’s laboratories and workshops.
- Check out our Clubs and Societies’ demos in the Barrow Centre Sports Hall.
- Enquire about academic and sports scholarships.
- Focus on your future and make the most of this opportunity.
If you require any further information on the Carlow Campus Open Day, please contact Mary Bates e: email@example.com