Higher Diploma in Arts in Applied Social Studies (Professional Social Care)
Higher Diploma in Arts in Applied Social Studies
NFQ Level 8
- Details available on the Admissions-Postgraduate pages
- 1 Year Part-time (2 nights per week, 7-10pm with some Saturdays throughout the year)
- Entry Requirements
- Further Study & Careers
- PAC Codes & Fees
- How to apply
This programme provides an opportunity for students to study for a one-year Higher Diploma in Applied Social Studies. The programme is designed for graduates of non-social care disciplines who are working or wish to work in the Social Care sector.
Successful applicants must undertake 800 hours of supervised professional practice as part of this Higher Diploma.
What subjects will I study?
- Introduction to Social Care
- Protection of Children and Vulnerable Persons
- Disability Services
- Ageing Studies
- Alternative to Home Care
- Children & Families
- Creative Skills 2
- Supervised Practice - Work based learning
Modules completed in Term 1 will, where applicable be examined in week beginning early December. Modules completed in Term 2 will, where applicable be examined in May.
Applicants must hold a minimum Level 8 qualification in a non-social care area. Garda vetting is required for this programme. Offers are conditional and may be withdrawn if applicants do not meet the Garda Vetting requirements.
All applicants will be considered on a case-by-case basis. IT Carlow reserves the right to require applicants to attend for an interview to determine their suitability for the programme.
Study & Career Opportunities
On completion of this programme, students should be equipped with sufficient knowledge and skills in applied social studies to enable them to make a professional contribution to social care nationally and internationally.
Programme Codes & Fees
|Programme Code||Programme Title||Campus Location||Schedule||Fees||Closing date for applications|
|CWL29||Higher Diploma in Arts in Applied Social Studies||Carlow||Part-time||€2,500||Full details available on the Admissions-Postgraduate pages|
|CWW10||Higher Diploma in Arts in Appiled Social Studies||Wicklow||Part-time||€2,500|
|CWX09||Higher Diploma in Arts in Applied Social Studies||Wexford||Part-time||€2,500|
How to apply
- Research & choose your programme from our wide range of postgraduate offerings on our website or in our prospectus.
- Check all of the relevant programme information including entry requirements, programme code and closing dates, taking time to read the Application Instructions.
- Get started on your postgraduate journey at IT Carlow!
For admissions queries, please email: email@example.com.
BA, HDipEd, STB, STL, MEd
Head of Faculty, Lifelong Learning
P: 059 917 5280