Higher Diploma in Business in Fisheries and Aquaculture
- Higher Diploma in Business in Fisheries and Aquaculture
- NFQ Level 8
Full details available on the Admissions-Postgrad section
- For full details, go to Admissions- Recognition of Prior learning
- 1 Year Part-time (Friday bi-weekly 10-4pm and Saturday 10-4pm)
- Not applicable
- Entry Requirements
- Further Study & Careers
- PAC Codes & Fees
- How to apply
Developed in partnership Bord Iascaigh Mhara (BIM – The Irish Sea Fisheries Board), this programme offers opportunities for those interested in the seafood industry. This course will be of interest to those looking to enter management roles in aquabusiness, aqua economics; financial or regulatory roles in R&D or in a seafood processing company or those interested in starting an aquabusiness.
This programme offers opportunities for personal development to explore new insights in strategic thinking and to enhance presentation skills for supervisory roles in emerging growth areas for the Aqua sector.
Special features of this programme
This course has been designed and developed with industry experts in BIM so it will provide real world practical skills and education to learners who will also have the opportunity to work on live business projects within the aqua business sector and complete site visits and work experience.
What subjects will I study ?
- Aquabusiness Economics
- Law and Regulation for Aquabusiness
- Strategic and Innovation Management
- Financial Management and Planning
- Marketing Management in Aquabusiness
- Work Placement
NOTE: Specific modules may be subject to amendment after our 2021 programmatic review.
Applicants with major degrees at Level 7 (QQI Level 7 or equivalent). In addition, those with extensive work experience on fish farms or in fisheries occupations who may be eligible under the SETU Carlow Recognition of Prior to learning policy (RPL). All applicants will be considered on a case by case basis.
Lifelong Learning reserves the right to require applicants to attend for an interview to determine their suitability for the programme.
Study & Career Opportunities
Graduates will have the ability through project work to prepare Aqua (aquaculture, fisheries and seafood processing) business plans to extend a product range and develop export markets. A strong focal point for the programme will be the opportunity to work on a relevant project in an aqua sector business.
Programme Codes & Fees
|Programme Code||Programme Title||Campus Location||Schedule||Fees||Closing date for applications|
|SE81A||Higher Diploma in Fisheries and Aquaculture||Wexford||Part-time||€2,500||Details available on the Admissions-Postgraduate section of the website|
How to apply
- Research & choose your programme from our wide range of postgraduate offerings on our website or in our prospectus.
- Check all of the relevant programme information including entry requirements, programme code and closing dates, taking time to read the Application Instructions.
- Get started on your postgraduate journey at SETU Carlow!
For admissions queries, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Dr. Janette Davies
BSc, MA, PhD, MMII
Deputy Head of Wexford Campus
P: 053 915808
Bord Iascaigh Mhara