Higher Diploma in Business Marketing
Higher Diploma in Business Marketing
NFQ Level 8
- Full details available on the Admissions - Postgraduate section of the website
1 Year Full-time
- Entry Requirements
- Further Study & Careers
- PAC Codes & Fees
- How to apply
This course provides students with an advanced knowledge of the principles of marketing. The modules have been designed to equip successful graduates with the up-to-date skills and competencies to enable them to :
pursue a career in any marketing oriented environment, in a large multinational corporation or a
small-to-medium sized business in Ireland and abroad;
- participate in and manage cross-functional teams with an appreciation and understanding of relationship management, changing consumer behaviour and communication across any organisation;
- Identify, analyse and propose innovative solutions to key marketing issues;
- Use and develop their critical analytical skills , providing a competitive edge in a rapidly changing marketing sector;
- develop, contribute to and lead out marketing strategies and campaigns for new product innovation;
- apply and develop their digital marketing skills to real world practise.
What will I be able to do when I finish this course?
Marketing is a fundamental element of all organisations and as a result, this course will help prepare you for job opportunities across all industry sectors - private, public and voluntary.
Depending on your undergraduate degree, some examples of potential roles include:
- New Business Development, Client Manager, Customer Service Manager, Customer Insights;
- New Product Development Manager/Technologist;
- Brand Executive, Product Executive, Trade Marketing Executive;
- Compliance Manager, Business Analyst, Business solutions consultant;
- Sales and Marketing Executive, Digital Marketing Executive, Technical Sales Manager.
What subjects will I study?
- Market Research Theory & Practice
- Consumer Psychology & Insights
- IMC or Digital Marketing
- New Product Innovation
- International Marketing
Applicants from a non-business discipline require an NFQ Level 8 Award or equivalent, for entry to this course.
Applicants from a business discipline require an NTQ Level 7 Award or equivalent, for entry to this course.
Other applicants will be considered on an individual basis in accordance with the Institute policy on Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL).
Study & Career Opportunities
This qualification will allow the participant to apply for the MBA, MB or MSc in Digital Marketing, depending on his/her business experience and continue to develop and extend his/her skills base and knowledge at Level 9.
Course Codes & Fees
|Course Code||Course Title||Campus Location||Schedule||Fees||Closing date for applications|
|CWB14||Higher Diploma in Business Marketing||Carlow||Full-time||€3,000||Full details available on the Admissions - Postgraduate section of the website|
How to apply
- Research & choose your course from our wide range of postgraduate offerings on our website or in our prospectus.
- Check all of the relevant course information including entry requirements, course code and closing dates, taking time to read the Application Instructions.
- Get started on your postgraduate journey at IT Carlow!
For admissions queries from Irish or European applicants, please email: email@example.com.
All Non-EU international applicants should refer to the International section of the website for further details or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Rita Byrne Kelly
P: 059 917 5381
BComm, DipCompSc, FCA, MA
Head of Department-Sport, Media & Marketing
P: 059 917 5304
International (Non-EU) applicants may contact:
P: 00353- 59-9175205