The Faculty of Lifelong Learning at SETU Carlow is a leading provider of Springboard+ courses. See a full list of courses on offer, eligibility criteria and how to apply below.
The Springboard+ upskilling initiative in higher education offers free or heavily subsidised courses at certificate, degree and masters level leading to qualifications in areas where there are employment opportunities in the economy. Courses are designed for jobseekers, those in employment and returners. Springboard+ is co-funded by the Government of Ireland and the European Social Fund as part of the ESF programme for employability, inclusion and learning 2014-2020.
Master of Science in Cybersecurity, Privacy and Trust
Master of Science in Environmental Health and Safety Management
Master of Science in Medical Device Regulatory Affairs
Master of Science in Information Technology Management
Master of Science in Pharmaceutical Regulatory Affairs
Master of Science in Supply Chain Management
Certificate in BIM and Construction Project Management
Certificate in Workforce Management
Higher Diploma in Arts in Digital Media Design
Higher Diploma in Business in Supply Chain Management
Higher Diploma in Digital Marketing with Analytics
Higher Diploma in Science Computing (Systems and Information Technologies Services)
Eligible applicants for Springboard+ 2023 meet the following criteria:
1. Those in receipt of an eligible payment from the Department of Employment Affairs and Social Protection (DEASP) and the formerly self-employed.
2. People not in receipt of a payment from the Department of Social Protection that have been out of the work environment for a number of years due to childcare or other caring obligations and have a previous history of employment but may require upskilling, reskilling or cross-skilling to transition back to the workforce (“Returners”).
3. People in employment seeking to reskill or upskill.
Further information on eligibility criteria is available at www.springboardcourses.ie/eligibility
For employed participants on courses of NFQ Level 7, 8 or 9, 90% of the course fee is paid by the HEA. Participants will be liable for the remaining 10% fee. Fees will be due once a place has been accepted. Level 6 courses are FREE to all participants.
To apply for a Springboard+ course applicants must use the centralised application system via www.springboardcourses.ie. Applications for September 2023 are currently open.
RPL - Recognition of Prior Learning
- Recognition of Prior Accredited Learning: This refers to the recognition of formal learning which is linked to the National Framework of Qualifications and for which certification has been awarded; it might include a course or part of a course that has been completed previously.
- Recognition of Prior Experiential Learning: This refers to the recognition of the kind of learning that has been gained through work or life experiences. It could also include learning gained through workplace training courses.
Using SETU's Springboard+ RPL form, candidates will be required to set out, formally and in detail, any previous certified or experiential learning that they wish to be considered in the process of allocating places on a course.
- what course you are interested in;
- what your current formal qualifications are;
- and what relevant experience you have.
You will be informed on next steps once this information has been received.
Join our mailing list below to stay up to date on the latest news the Faculty of Lifelong Learning.