Diploma in Health & Safety at Work
Diploma Health & Safety at Work
Special Purpose Level 7
1 academic year
- Entry Requirements
- How to apply
- Contact us
What is the programme about?
The aim of this programme is to provide a Level 7 Diploma in Health & Safety, to meet a legislative and Industry need in order for students to acquire the knowledge, attributes and skills required to understand the importance of compliance to Health and Safety in the workplace.
- Demonstrate the ability to plan the preparation and completion of regular reviews of an organisation's health and safety management system and advise on and provide for the suitable management practices and policy amendments.
- Demonstrate the ability to think critically, independently, and creatively in identifying relevant hazards and risks in the workplace and demonstrate the understanding of the implementation of suitable actions to minimise risks
- Recognise how to identify, interpret and describe the main requirements of legislation and codes of practice
- Demonstrate the ability to plan, prepare develop and deliver effective communication and training programmes on occupational health and safety
- Recognise how human factors affect Health and Safety in Work in identifying the nature and extent of occupational illness and accidents impacting on absenteeism and managing absenteeism relating to these
- Employ a range of transferable skills including that ensure a systematic approach to decision making, auditing and problem solving in investigating accidents, preparing reports and making cost effective proposals to prevent recurrence
- Display a knowledge of general concepts of employment law and how this relates to health and safety management
- Health Safety and Environmental
- Risk Management
- Hazard Control
- Safety Practitioner Skills
- Researching Health, Safety and Welfare in the Workplace
All applicants will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Lifelong Learning reserves the right to require applicants to attend for an interview to determine their suitability for the programme.
€2290 - early payment discount available
How to Apply