Certificate in Strength and Conditioning
Certificate Strength and Conditioning
25 weeks part-time
- Entry Requirements
- How to apply
- Contact us
The aim of this programme is to provide students with the scientific knowledge to formulate and critically analyse effective training programmes in accordance with the long term pathway to enable the athlete of all levels to achieve optimum performance.
Students will be expected to deliver effective strength and conditioning programmes to enable athletes at all levels to achieve optimum performance.
On completion of this module the student will be able to:
• Analyse and synthesise (sport specific) training drills to develop the performance-related components of fitness and demonstrate an understanding of the scientific principles underpinning such training;
• Critically appraise the principles of periodisation to the design of training programmes in the preparatory, competitive and transition phases of a season that reflect the specific demands of different sports;
• Formulate and synthesise the appropriate use of resistance training to develop muscular strength, power and muscular endurance;
• Critically analyse the principle of Isokinetic testing;
• Critically interpret and evaluate an Isokinetic report.
Performance Related Components of Fitness
All applicants will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Lifelong Learning reserves the right to require applicants to attend for an interview to determine their suitability for the programme
How to Apply