Certificate in Introduction to CAD and 3D Modelling
Certificate in Introduction to CAD & 3D Modelling
- Entry Requirements
- How to apply
- Contact us
This programme is ideal for those looking to work or are just starting out in the field of manufacturing or engineering design and need to gain skills in CAD and Solidworks. Students will be provided with the skills to produce high quality hand-drafted working drawings and a basic knowledge of computer aided design.
On completion of this programme, students should be able to:
- Produce a portfolio of assembly drawings to ISO standards in First and third angle projection using a drawing board;
- Produce a portfolio of Pictorial drawings of engineering components using a drawing board;
- Produce, edit and print a variety of engineering drawings using a CAD system;
- Identify and draw standard circuit diagrams for listed mechanical, electrical, electronic, pneumatic and hydraulic components;
- Interpret, from workings drawings, ISO tolerances and Machining & Finishing symbols; identify and draw various types of Cam.
Applicants will be considered on an individual basis in accordance with the Institute policy on Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL). IT Carlow reserve the right to require applicants to attend for interview to determine their suitability for the programme.
This programme is funded under the July Stimulus plan plan
How to Apply