Advanced Certificate in CAD and 3D Modelling
Advanced Certificate in CAD & 3D Modelling
- Entry Requirements
- How to apply
- Contact us
The aim of this programme is to equip candidates with the understanding and principles of the 2D & 3D drawing environments in terms of hardware, software and physical surroundings. It will explore the typical composition of a CAD system and health and safety matters that are associated with working practices.
On completion of this programme, graduates should be able to:
- Develop 3D Models of parts using CAD systems;
- Develop 3D assemblies using CAD systems;
- Generate 2D drawings of mechanical parts and assemblies using CAD systems;
- Generate part lists and BOM for assemblies;
- Understand the engineering design process and the part it plays in the manufacture of products and components.
Applicants must have completed Introduction to CAD and Solidworks before progressing to this programme. Applicants will be considered on an individual basis in accordance with the Institute policy on Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL). IT Carlow reserve the right to require applicants to attend for interview to determine their suitability for the programme.
This programme is funded under the July Stimulus plan plan
How to Apply