The springboard+ upskilling initiative in higher education offers free courses at certificate, degree and masters level leading to qualifications in areas where there are employment opportunities in the economy. Courses will also be free for employed people on NFQ Level 6 courses. For employed participants on courses NFQ level 7 – 9, 90% of the course fee will be funded by the Government, with participants required to contribute just 10% of the fee.
- Springboard+ 2019
- Who is Eligible?
- How to Apply
What is Springboard+?
Springboard+ offers opportunities for FREE one-year higher education programmes. While many Springboard courses are targeted to Jobseekers, from 2019 all of the FREE courses are also open to those in employment and Returners.
What courses are available under Springboard+ in 2019?
The following courses are available under Springboard+ in the 2019-2020 academic year, commencing in September 2019:
- Master of Science in Data Science »
- Master of Science in Supply Chain Management (Carlow Campus) »
- Master of Science in Supply Chain Management (Wicklow Campus)»
- Master of Science in Pharmaceutical Regulatory Affairs »
- Higher Diploma in International Financial Services »
- Higher Diploma in Business in Supply Chain Management (Carlow Campus) »
- Higher Diploma in Business in Supply Chain Management (Wicklow Campus) »
- Higher Diploma in Business in Tourism Marketing (Carlow Campus) »
- Higher Diploma in Business in Tourism Marketing (Wexford Campus) »
- Higher Diploma in Business in Tourism Marketing(Wicklow Campus) »
- Higher Diploma in Science in Digital Marketing with Analytics »
- Higher Diploma in Digital Media Design (Carlow Campus)»
- Higher Diploma in Digital Media Design(Wexford Campus) »
- Higher Diploma in Digital Media Design(Wicklow Campus) »
- Certificate in Data Protection »
- Certificate in Data Protection Evening »
- Certificate in Data Protection Longford Campus »
- Certificate in Purchasing Strategy, Quality Management and Lean Six Sigma (Carlow Campus) »
- Certificate in Introduction to CAD and 3D Modelling ( Carlow Campus)»
Certificate in Introduction to CAD and 3D Modelling(Wexford Campus)»
Who is Eligible?
The eligible applicants for Springboard+ 2019 are as follows:
1. Those in receipt of an eligible payment from the Department of Employment Affairs and Social Protection (DEASP) and the formerly self-employed;
2. People not in receipt of a payment from the Department of Social Protection that have been out of the work environment for a number of years due to childcare or other caring obligations and have a previous history of employment but may require upskilling, reskilling or cross-skilling to transition back to the workforce (“Returners”)
3. People in employment seeking to reskill or upskill.
For employed participants on courses of NFQ Level 7, 8 or 9, 90% of the course fee is paid by the HEA. Participants will be liable for the remaining 10% fee. Fees will be due once a place has been accepted. Level 6 courses are FREE to all participants.Further information on eligibility is available at www.springboardcourses.ie/eligibility
How to Apply
To apply for a Springboard+ course applicants must use the centralised application system via www.springboardcourses.ie. Applications for September 2019 are currently open.
Several FREE Springboard+ courses are also available at our Wicklow County Campus and our Wexford Campus. Each campus has their own application. Please ensure you complete the correct application for the Campus that best suits your needs. http://springboardcourses.ie/howToApply
- What course you are interested in;
- What your current formal qualifications are;
- What relevant experience you have.
Once this summary information has been received you will be informed on how best to proceed.
Springboard+ Talent Directory
Is an online resource of over 6,500 highly skilled and recently trained candidates. It provides business with a unique search engine to help fill those extra spaces in your team. Register for free and make those connections today: Springboard+ talent directory