The springboard+ upskilling initiative in higher education offers free courses at certificate, degree and masters level leading to qualifications in areas where there are employment opportunities in the economy. Springboard+ is co-funded by the Government of Ireland and the European Social Fund as part of the ESF programme for employability, inclusion and learning 2014-2020.
- Springboard+ 2019
- Who is Eligible?
- How to Apply
What is Springboard+?
Springboard+ offers opportunities for FREE one-year higher education programmes. While many Springboard courses are targeted to Jobseekers, from 2019 all of the FREE courses are also open to those in employment and Returners.
What courses are available under Springboard+ in 2019?
The following courses are available under Springboard+ in the 2019-2020 academic year, commencing in early 2020:
Who is Eligible?
The eligible applicants for Springboard+ 2019 are as follows:
1. Those in receipt of an eligible payment from the Department of Employment Affairs and Social Protection (DEASP) and the formerly self-employed;
2. People not in receipt of a payment from the Department of Social Protection that have been out of the work environment for a number of years due to childcare or other caring obligations and have a previous history of employment but may require upskilling, reskilling or cross-skilling to transition back to the workforce (“Returners”)
3. People in employment seeking to reskill or upskill.
For employed participants on courses of NFQ Level 7, 8 or 9, 90% of the course fee is paid by the HEA. Participants will be liable for the remaining 10% fee. Fees will be due once a place has been accepted. Level 6 courses are FREE to all participants.Further information on eligibility is available at www.springboardcourses.ie/eligibility
How to Apply
To apply for a Springboard+ course applicants must use the centralised application system via www.springboardcourses.ie. Applications for September 2019 are currently open.
Several FREE Springboard+ courses are also available at our Wicklow County Campus and our Wexford Campus. Each campus has their own application. Please ensure you complete the correct application for the Campus that best suits your needs. http://springboardcourses.ie/howToApply
- What course you are interested in;
- What your current formal qualifications are;
- What relevant experience you have.
Once this summary information has been received you will be informed on how best to proceed.
Springboard+ Talent Directory
Is an online resource of over 6,500 highly skilled and recently trained candidates. It provides business with a unique search engine to help fill those extra spaces in your team. Register for free and make those connections today: Springboard+ talent directory