Fees & Refunds Policy
Fees and Refund Policy
For undergraduate students a €300 early bird discount will apply if fees are paid in full by the 7th September 2020.
For people who do not avail of this option, 50% must be paid when registering online.
For Postgraduate Students (Masters and Higher Diplomas), 50% must be paid when registering online, please see link for balance payment in accordance with Fee Payment Regulations.
Programme fees are expected to be paid in full at the commencement of the programme. IT Carlow recognises that some students may have difficulties in paying the full amount in one transaction thus the Faculty of Lifelong Learning has created a number of fee payment by payment plan instalment options. All such applications will be treated in confidence. In general, fee payment by instalment applications will only be considered for fees in excess of €1,000.
Students who apply for and are granted phased payment should note that failure to meet the payment dates set down for their payment scheme, in particular key dates, may:
- be denied access to Blackboard
- be prevented from sitting examinations in December, May or August as applicable
- have all other assignment / exam results withheld until payments are made
- assignments will not be accepted nor will a late submission for an assignment be accepted after late payments are made.
Grants or Employer Scholarships
Students in receipt of Grants or employer sponsorship etc. will be required to submit a letter of confirmation of grant eligibility from their granting authority in lieu of fees. They must also include a Purchase Order Number for invoice purposes. Where fees have not been paid by the ‘sponsor’ within thirty days after issue of the invoice, it is the responsibility of the student to then pay the fee and claim back fees from their sponsor.
Repeat students will be required to pay relevant examination fee when applying to sit repeat.
The Faculty of Lifelong Learning has a strict policy in relation to refunds of programme fees and a fees refund or a percentage of same will only be given in the following circumstances:
- A full refund will be given if requested in writing before the commencement of the programme.
- Where a student leaves within two weeks of the start of a short programme (39 hours delivery or less), 70% refund of the programme fee will apply. Outside this two-week period there will be no refund of fees.
- For long programmes i.e. those of one year duration or longer, a percentage of fees refund will be given over the first nine weeks of the programme as per the table below. Thereafter there will be no refund of fees.
- The refund calculation is based on the full fee for the programme not the amount that a student may have paid under a fees payment instalment agreement.
- The fees refund calculation is based on the date that the student formally applies in writing to withdraw from the programme.
- All programmes will run subject to sufficient numbers. Where a programme has to be cancelled those students who have registered and paid will be refunded in full.
- Receipts must be retained and produced when requesting a refund of programme fees which must be applied for on the official LLL refund forms.
|Week of course||
Refund to Student
(based on full fee of course)