Return to the Workplace
This section provides links to Institute of Technology Carlow education opportunities that have work placement as part of the course. The aim is to help upskill and return confident to the workplace after a break.
Return to the workplace after a break
- Carers returning to work.
- Time out of workplace in need of upskilling to return to employment, Institute of Technology Carlow have supports in place to aid the transition to employment after a break.
- Courses are offered in all faculties on a part-time basis and with individual module accreditation available.
- Courses offered through Springboard are available
- Courses with work placement opportunities are available.
Contact the Faculty of Lifelong learning to see what courses are available for you.
An example of the type of course that might be available is Springboard.
Springboard criteria: From May 2019 Springboard+ offers over 9,000 free places on 282 courses leading to awards at certificate, degree and post-graduate level. The majority of courses are part-time for a maximum of 12 months and are open to all eligible applicants whether they are Employed, Unemployed or a Returner. However, restrictions may apply for Unemployed applicants for 2 Year Part-time ICT Skills Conversion Courses.
The following are eligible to apply for courses in 2019/20 academic year (subject to the applicant meeting all residency and nationality/visa requirements and any academic requirements):
- Returners (Formerly referred to as Homemakers) may apply to all courses if they meet the nationality/visa requirement and residency criteria. Course specific criteria may also apply.
- People in employment may apply to all courses if they meet the nationality/visa requirement and residency criteria.
- Please note that a 10% course fee contribution for Level 7, 8, and 9 courses is applicable for employed participants. This is payable directly to the provider.
- The unemployed or formerly self-employed - All courses are open to these category of applicants, with the exception of the two-year part-time ICT conversion courses which are not open to those in receipt of a Jobseekers-related payment
- Please note that documentation supporting the applicants status will be required as part of the application process.