Deferral & Repeats
The Institute will sympathetically consider applications for deferral. Deferrals will be subject to the Institute offering the course in the following year. Please note TLT (Third Level Training) funding offered in the current year might not be available in the following year.
First year full time students who have been offered a place through the CAO system and want to defer their place:
- Do not accept the offer in the manner shown on the offer notice
- Do not make any payments
- You must write immediately to the Admissions Office outlining the reason(s) for your request and mark the envelope ‘Deferred Entry’. Go the ‘Deferral Procedure’ section on the CAO for further information www.cao.ie You can also email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org
- IT Carlow will communicate its decision to the applicant
- If the deferral is not granted, the offer may still be accepted for the current year
- In order to take up the deferred place, the applicant must re-apply through CAO by 1st February of the succeeding year, placing the deferred course as the first and only preference
Repeat students, where readmitted, are liable for full course and acceptance fees. Contact the Institutes Admissions Office for more information.