Carlow Access Programme
For QQI-FE Award Holders and Mature applicants
Please note: Leaving Certificate applicants should apply to the HEAR Programme for 2021 to be considered for reduced points’ entry.
The Access Programme at the Institute of Technology targets QQI-FE Award Holders and mature applicants who have the ability to benefit from and succeed in third level education but who, for a variety of reasons, encounter barriers which impacted on their education.
The Carlow Access Programme is an admissions scheme through the CAO which offers a financial scholarship to:
- Applicants from socio-economically disadvantaged backgrounds
- Applicants who are first generation learners, where there is a family tradition of early school leaving.
- Applicants who have parents (or in the case of mature students) who work in low paid unskilled work or are dependant on social welfare in the long term
- Applicants who are lone parents or from lone-parent families
- Applicants who are from an ethnic minority group
- Applicants who are currently in care or who are care leavers
Normally, applicants will have attended a recognised Adult Education/QQI-FE Provider and/or be a mature applicant. Students should be able to demonstrate that they are highly motivated and interested in studying at undergraduate level in their chosen area.
Application Forms available to download here
Closing Date for receipt of completed applications (either by post or scanned copies by email to email@example.com) is 1st March 2021, with supporting documents by 15th March 2021.