Institute of Technology Carlow Access Programme
The Access Programme at the Institute of Technology targets those who have the ability to benefit from and succeed in third level education but who, for a variety of reasons, encounter barriers which impacted on their education.
The Carlow Access Programme is an admissions scheme through the CAO which offers reduced points’ places plus a financial scholarship to:
- Applicants from socio-economically disadvantaged backgrounds
- Applicants who are first generation learners, where there is a family tradition of early school leaving.
- Applicants who have parents (or in the case of mature students)who work in low paid unskilled work or are dependant on social welfare in the long term
- Applicants who are lone parents or from lone-parent families
- Applicants who are from an ethnic minority group
- Applicants who are currently in care or who are care leavers
Normally, applicants will have been in attendance at a school for the entire duration of their second-level education, or at a recognised Adult Education/QQI-FE Provider in the case of mature applicants. Students should be able to demonstrate that they are highly motivated and interested in studying at undergraduate level in their chosen area.
Application forms and Information for Carlow Access Programme 2021 available soon.