The health and safety of IT Carlow's Students and Staff is always most important when planning for the return to campus. Minister for Further and Higher Education, Research, Innovation and Science Simon Harris TD has published a plan for the safe return to on-site activity for the new academic year. This plan can be viewed here. As soon as IT Carlow has more specific news, this section will be updated accordingly.
Staff Return to Campus Guidelines
General IT Carlow FAQ
- Q: What do I do if I need a Covid-19 test?
If you need a Covid-19 test please follow IT Carlow's Campus Action plan.
- Q: Will I be teaching students face-to-face?
The exact proportion of on-campus versus online activities will be determined by the public health advice at any given time. As soon as more specific news is available, this section will be updated.
- Q: Are all offices on site in IT Carlow and Wexford campus open?
From July 20th 2020 all offices are open to staff in accordance with public health guidelines. Protocols are in place to manage the numbers on campus at any one time.
- Q: What are my responsibilities as a staff member of IT Carlow?
- Staff members must complete induction training before returning on campus.
- Staff members are responsible for their own health and should not attend work if they have any symptoms, staff are advised to follow public health guidelines if feeling unwell.
- Staff are responsible to report to line managers through email or phone if they are seeking medical advice in relation to symptoms.
- Staff must be responsible to keep a personal contact log as per government guidelines.
- Staff must keep updated with the most relevant and factual information. Click here for up to date information provided by national and international authorities.
- Q: Is there an Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) available?
The EAP services are provided by Inspire and can be accessed by clicking on www.inspirewellbeing.ie/workplaces.If a staff member would like to speak to a specialist on any issue – personal or work-related, you can do so, in confidence, by calling your dedicated 24/7 helpline at: 1800 817 435
- Q: Does IT Carlow have a plan for managing COVID-19?
Yes. Institute of Technology Carlow has published its COVID-19 Response Plan. Click here to view this plan.
IT and Technical Support
- Q: Where can I get tech support working from home?
- There is IT Support for all staff of IT Carlow. To chat with a member of the technical support team you can email email@example.com
- Q: How can staff access and use the library on campus?
- While IT Carlow Libraries are closed, extensive library services continue to be available 24/7 and library staff are available to help with all your queries. To access library resources including ebooks and ejournals please check this remote library access guide. Any borrowed items due back during the closure period will not incur fines.
- Q: What changes are in place on campus with COVID-19 restrictions
- One way systems are in place
- Handwashing areas and sanitising stations throughout the campus.
- 2m distancing per person in lecture hall and across campus.
- Hybrid learning process implemented to combine virtual classes and on campus lectures.
- Limited numbers of staff in offices.
- Access to staff offices will be limited.
- Screens are in place where appropriate.
- Increased housekeeping/cleaning in communal areas.
- Q: What supports are on campus for staff?
Human resources Humanresources@itcarlow.ie
Technical support firstname.lastname@example.org
Medical and emotional support