Institute of Technology Carlow’s Quality Manual links our institute strategy to our quality policy and procedures. It provides a road map and overview of our overarching policy and procedures for quality assurance, our governance framework, procedures for quality assurance in teaching, learning and research, on-going monitoring and review, the learner voice, procedure for the design, development, validation and withdrawal of programmes, admission, progression and completion, staff development, learner supports and information management.
Click on the below tab to access the Quality Manual.
Click on the sections below to find IT Carlow’s quality assurance policies and procedures.
1. Governance - Academic Management
2. Institute Structures - Teaching & Learning/Quality & Integrity
3. Professional Support
4. Human Resources
5. Collaborative Provision
6. Module and Programme Quality Assurance
7. Access, Transfer and Progression
8. Assessment, Examination and Awards
9. Research and Postgraduate Study
10. Student Wellbeing, Conduct and Participation
11. Quality Documents - Overview
Governance - Academic Management
The documents in this section describe the governance structure of Institute of Technology Carlow.
Institute Structures - Teaching & Learning/Quality & Integrity
The documents in this section are IT Carlow’s policies and procedures for Teaching and Learning.
Below is a link to IT Carlow’s Standards & Guidelines.
This section contains the IT Carlow Professional Support Services (PSS) Strategic Review Policy.
This section contains IT Carlow’s Human Resources policies & procedures and links to additional Institute HR documents.
Below is a link to additional HR related policies and documents.
This section contains IT Carlow policies & procedures and links to additional documents relating to Collaborative Provision.
Below is a link to IT Carlow’s Policy for Collaborative & Transnational Provision.
Module and Programme Quality Assurance
The documents in this section are IT Carlow’s policies and procedures for the development, validation and review of IT Carlow programmes.
Development and Validation for all Programmes at Awards Level 6-10 NFQ
- Programme Development
- Accreditation Flowchart
- Alignment of Mission
- Annual Update to Findings
- Approved Programme Schedules
- Checklist for Accreditation
- Differential Validation
- Panel Report - Major
- Panel Report - Minor SPA
- Programme Evaluation Panel
- Programme Accreditation
- Programme Proposal 1 (PP1)
- Programme Proposal 2 (PP2)
- Programme Withdrawl (PP3)
- Proposed Panel Form
- Response to Findings
- Revalidation of Programme
- Staff CV's
Ongoing Monitoring of Programmes
Programmatic Review Policy
- Programmatic Review
- Internal Evaluation of Programme Review
- Peer Review Group Project - Stage 1
- Peer Review Group Project - Stage 2
- Programmatic Review - Guidelines
- Response to Findings
- Response to Findings - Action
- Responsibilities - Programme Review
- Strategic Review
Modes of Programme Delivery
Access, Transfer and Progression
This section contains the IT Carlow policies & procedures for learner access, transfer and progression.
Recognition of Prior Learning Policy
- Recognition of Prior Learning
- Advanced Entry Application Form
- Certified Learning Exemption from a Module(s) - Flow Chart
- Exemption from Module(s) - Application Form
- Non-EU Application Form
- Uncertified Learning Application Form
Assessment, Examination and Awards
This section contains IT Carlow’s policies and procedures for Assessment, Examination and Awards in addition to links to relevant regulatory documents.
Absence from Assessment
Double, Joint and Anonymous Marking
External Examination - Foundations and Definitions
External Examiners Policy
Group Projects and Assessment - Fairness and Consistency
Issues of Awards Posthumously
Late Submission of Assignments
Recognised Methods of Assessment
Below is a link to additional IT Carlow documents relating to Assessment and Awards.
- Academic Standards and Assessment Regulations
- Examination and Assessment Regulations
- Joint Awards Policy
- Teaching Learning Assessment Strategy
Research and Postgraduate Study
This section contains IT Carlow’s policies and procedures relating to research and postgraduate study in addition to links to relevant postgraduate documents.
Below is a link to additional IT Carlow documents relating to Postgraduate Study.
Student Wellbeing, Conduct and Participation
The documents in this section are IT Carlow’s policies and procedures for student wellbeing, conduct and participation, in addition to links to other relevant documents.
- Annual Declaration Form Following Provisional Registration
- Declaration Form Following Provisional Registration
- E-Vetting Invitation Documentation & Guidelines
- Information Required for E-Vetting Invitation
- Interview Record Form
- IT Carlow Programmes Required Applicants to be Garda Vetted
Child Protection and Welfare Policy
Event of a Death
Fitness to Study Policy
Learner Disability and Learner Support
Student Complaint Appeals Procedure
Working with Learners, Children and Vulnerable Adults
Pastoral Care for International Students
Learners in Covid 19 High Risk Groups
Institute Protocol for Learners Absence due to Covid 19
Below is a link to additional IT Carlow student related documents.
Quality Documents - Overview
This section contains an overview of IT Carlow’s quality documents.