The University has a sophisticated closed circuit television system throughout the University which is in operation 24/7 and it is monitored by the Estates Office. We do advise, however, that the best method of security of personal effects is to be vigilant and make use of the lockers available. The following are some points to bear in mind:
- If you see someone acting suspiciously on campus, you should contact the porters on extension: 5020 or call into the porter’s office in the Catering Services Building (opposite reception)
- Do not leave any valuables unguarded
- Avail of the lockers and keep your locker key safe
- Be careful with money, keep it with you at all times and do not carry large sums of money.
- Securely lock your bike to the bicycle racks provided
- Write your name and class group on all books, calculators, folders and other belongings.
- Take normal precautions regarding your personal safety both on and off campus
The University cannot accept any responsibility in the event of losses or theft of property.