Equality, Diversity & Inclusivity
The Institute of Technology Carlow recognises and is committed to achieving equity of opportunity for all and supporting equality, diversity and inclusion amongst our learners, our leaders and our staff.
We believe in a diverse and inclusive organisational culture which encourages and supports the contribution of all and where members of our community can learn or work to their full potential. We value difference and promote a culture where each individual is treated fairly, with dignity and respect, and free from harassment and bullying
The Institute of Technology Carlow:
- Is committed to non-discrimination (direct or indirect) in access and participation in education and employment in relation to any of the nine specified equality grounds of gender, family status, civil status, sexual orientation, age, disability, religion, ethnicity and membership of the Traveller community.
- Supports an inclusive and supportive environment of dignity and respect where all staff and learners can develop their full potential.
- Seeks to ensure that the provision of all its services shall be free from any discrimination and harassment.
- Will not tolerate harassment or bullying of staff, learners or other members of the community.
- Is committed to identifying barriers to equality, diversity, inclusion and full participation and any identified imbalances in practice will be redressed.
- Is committed to providing integrated accessible services and information to people
- with and without disabilities and will seek to ensure that information is produced in accessible information formats.
- Will seek to provide reasonable accommodation to learners, staff and service users with disabilities and will support the employment of staff with disabilities.
- Is committed to widening participation and facilitating access to programmes by learners from under-represented groups.