Blackboard is SETU Carlow’s e-learning platform used by Academic staff to;
- Post and distribute course content such as syllabuses and course notes.
- Communicate with students via announcements, email messages and discussion boards.
- Create Wikis, a place for students to collaboratively create online projects.
- Assign Journals, designed to be a self-reflective tool for students, which is often used for students on work placement.
- Groups, lecturers can create groups of students and provide them with their own tools for collaborative work.
- Assess student learning through quizzes, online assignments and Turnitin, which is an originality checking and plagiarism prevention service.
- Blackboard Collaborate provides a Virtual Classroom, Chat facility and Synchronous communication tools.
Once you have been issued with your SETU Carlow computer network account you will have access to Blackboard. However whilst students have automatic access to the courses they are registered for, staff must request access to courses they are teaching by completing the Course Enrolment form available in the Blackboard Support course.
Click on the link below to submit your request.
- Blackboard course Enrolment form
- Common course Request form
- Current Blackboard Courses
Once you log into Blackboard you will be automatically enrolled onto the Blackboard support Course. This course contains specially tailored guides and instructional videos on the many features of the Blackboard environment as configured here at SETU Carlow. You will also find information here on suggested best practices, known technical issues and course housekeeping tips.
- Blackboard Support Course(Blackboard login required)
- Blackboard Technical Checklist
- Blackboard's Support Page