Alumni Job, Postgrad & Enterprise Opportunities
Alumni Job Opportunities
Students and recent graduates will find a wide range of opportunities on the vacancies section on the SETU Carlow website. If you are an employer and would like to advertise a graduate or alumni job vacancy, please contact our Careers Office or complete the relevant form on our Careers Service Employer page.
Alumni Postgraduate Opportunities
SETU Carlow offers postgraduate studies in a variety of areas up to PhD NFQ Level 10 on both taught and research programmes. There are reduced tuition fees for alumni of SETU Carlow who are major award graduates on many of our postgraduate programmes, which are available in full-time and part-time options. Full details on all of our postgraduate offerings can be found on our postgraduate information pages.
If you are looking to pursue your postgraduate studies through research and would like to discuss this further, please contact our Head of Postgraduate Studies - Dr. Brian Jackson (email: firstname.lastname@example.org) or contact one of our dedicated CORE research centres. SETU Carlow also offers a scholarship scheme for postgraduate research - the Presidents Research Fellowship which offers postgraduate opportunities up to PhD level. Check out the scholarship page for more information.
Alumni Entrepreneurship, Industry Partnership and Enterprise Development
There are a wide range of services, supports, knowledge and skills available throughout SETU Carlow campuses for new start-ups and established SMEs and organisations. These include but are not limited to;
- Research, Development & Innovation - Dedicated CORE research centres which cover a wide range of industry sectors. If your company would like to partner with SETU Carlow to have funded research undertaken, please contact the relevant CORE research centre to discuss further. R&D activities are also complemented by various campus-based specialist centres such as The Dargan Centre and campus companies such as the Campus Innovation Centre. This Centre offers research projects access to a range of facilities and supports designed to accelerate R&D for new product and process ideas.
- Access to University Facilities - SETU Carlow campuses are ideal venues for hosting workshops, training and seminars in the South-East with state-of-the-art facilities available for hire e.g. computer labs, lecture theatres, sports hall and grounds.
- New Frontiers - an Enterprise Ireland funded entrepreneurial development programme: The New Frontiers Programme is a professional training and enterprise support programme aimed at entrepreneurs who have a well thought out innovative business idea or technology that has the potential to be transformed into a High Potential Start Up company. The programme is intended to train potential entrepreneurs in the skills required to establish and run their own businesses.
- Enterprise & Research Incubation Campus (ERIC) - a purpose built, fully serviced industrial and commercial space dedicated to the growth of young knowledge-based companies.
- Innovation Voucher programme - An initiative open to all small (limited registered) companies in Ireland. Vouchers worth €5,000 are available to assist a company or companies to explore a business opportunity or problem with a registered knowledge provider. For many companies this provides a great way of starting on the collaborative research ladder, or undertaking a small research project.
- Access to Regional Skills network for South-East Ireland - This forum is comprised of a wide range of organisations which establish links and build relationships between employers, enterprise boards and higher education institutions in the South-East. This network includes South East Technological University, TUS, Tipperary ETB, Waterford/Wexford ETB, Kilkenny/Carlow ETB, Skillnets, IDA, Enterprise Ireland, chambers of commerce, local enterprise offices, IBEC, Construction Industry Federation and industry representatives including Unum Ireland.