Assistant Lecturer Sports Rehabilitation and Athletic Therapy
e: firstname.lastname@example.org t: 059 9175595
Shauna Jordan is an Athletic Therapist and completed her undergraduate degree in 2011 and MSc (by research) in 2013 in SETU (formally IT Carlow). Shauna is an Assistant Lecturer in the Department of Health and Sport Sciences in SETU since 2015. She has worked as an Athletic Therapist in private practice, as well as with several GAA teams, at club and county level, over the last 12 years.She is currently completing her PhD in UCD School of Public Health, Physiotherapy and Sports Science, researching hip and groin pain in Gaelic Games.
- ACADEMIC AND Research EXPERIENCE
- Publications AND OUTPUTS
- Research Supervision
- Engagement and Collaboration
- Teaches on the BSc Sports Rehabilitation and Athletic Therapy and BSc in Sport and Exercise Science programmes since 2015.
- MSc and PhD research has focused on assessment, epidemiology and player experiences of hip and groin pain in Gaelic Games.
- More recent and ongoing projects have embraced stakeholder involvement to both improve clinical outcomes for patients and advance quality and standards in research.
- Research Interests include injury epidemiology, injury surveillance and hip and groin related research.
Publications and Outputs
Peer reviewed journal articles
Allister A., Byrne P., Nulty C. and Jordan S (2018) Game related statistics which discriminate elite senior Gaelic football teams according to came outciome and final score difference. International Journal of Performance Analysis in Sport. 18(4): 622-32.
Lelental, B., Jordan, S., O’Rourke, B., Kinsella, S. The Effects of Mobilizations with Movement (MWMs) on the Shoulder Range of Motion and Strength. Journal of Athletic Training: September 2017, Vol. 52, No. 9, pp. 863-87.
Conference proceedings and papers
Lelental, B., Jordan, S., O’Rourke, B., Kinsella, S. The Effect of Mobilisations with Movement on Shoulder Strength and Range of Motion. VIII Congress of the World Federation of Athletic Therapy and Training, Madrid, Spain, September 2017.
Jordan, S. Wallace, J. & Cunningham C “Piriformis Muscle Length Tests - Reliability, Normative values and Stretch Response for Multi-Directional and Linear Athletes” Faculty of Sports and Exercise Medicine Conference 2013. Royal College of Surgeons, Dublin, 21 September 2013
Lelental, B., Jordan, S., O’Rourke, B., Kinsella, S. The Effect of Mobilisations with Movement on the Hip Power and Range of Motion. 14th Scandinavian Congress of Medicine & Science in Sport, Copenhagen, Denmark, February 2018.
Bartosz Lelental (MSc)-The effects of Mobilisations with Movement (MWMs) and Self Mobilisations with Movement (SMWMs) on range of motion and strength in the hip and shoulder joints. November 2018.
Areas of interest for supervision role
- Injury epidemiology
- Injury surveillance
- Hip and Groin related research
Engagement and Collaboration
- Member of the Young Athletes Hip Research(YAHiR) Collaborative