Dr Pauline Madigan
BA PG Dip MA PhD
Programme Director and Lecturer
School of Business and Humanities, Carlow Campus
e: firstname.lastname@example.org t: 059 9175354
- Research Interests
- Research Supervision
- Engagement and Collaboration
Doctor of Education – focusing on the role of higher education (HE) and specifically, the role of public relations education within HE. Passionate about effective communications, facilitating a positive learning environment and committed to research within social sciences and humanities.
Conference Proceedings and Papers
Madigan, P. (2017). Innovation in Higher Education. Cong, Mayo:http://www.congregation.ie/blog-papers/innovation-in-higher-educat.html.
Madigan, P. (2015). Right 2 Write - A Blog at Congregation Conference. Mayo:http://www.congregation.ie/blog-papers/right-2-write-31-cong15.html.
Madigan, P (2011). ‘Is a Constructivist Didactic approach relevant to the teaching of Public Relations in Higher Education? EdD submission to Sheffield University, UK
Madigan, P (2011). The Influence of the ‘Hunt Report’ on Education Policy in Ireland. EdD submission to Sheffield University, UK
Madigan, P (2011). Insights from Practitioners, Students and Educators on the contribution that Public Relations Education makes to the Professionalism of the Industry in Ireland. EdD submission to Sheffield University, UK
Madigan, P. (2017). Practitioner Perspectives on Higher Education as a Preparation for Employment in Public Relations in Ireland. Doctoral Thesis: The University of Sheffield.
Madigan, P, (2010). ‘Public Relations – Why Bother?’ Retail News Magazine, July/August 2010.
Supervision of dissertations at Levels 8 and 9
Engagement and Collaboration
- Programme Director for Media and Public Relations course
- External Examiner at Cork Institute of Technology for Post-graduate diploma in Public Relations
- External Examiner at Dundalk Institute of Technology for Media, PR and Communications courses
- External Examiner at Dublin Institute of Technology (DIT) for both the MA in Public Relations and MA in Public Affairs.
- Ongoing links with industry/stakeholders of IT Carlow through Public Relations project with final year Media/Public Relations Degree Students
- Review of Public Relations Literature for Oxford University Press
- Full Member of the Public Relations Institute of Ireland (PRII)
- Professional links with journalists in print, broadcast and online media.