e: firstname.lastname@example.org t: 059 9175000
- Research Interests
- Research Supervision
- Engagement and Collaboration
Des Earls is an Assistant Lecturer in Department of Science and Health. His main field of expertise is Strength and Conditioning Science. He has worked as a Strength and Conditioning coach for the past 10 years with a range of national governing bodies and numerous club and intercounty senior GAA teams.
His research interests include the prescription and monitoring of strength and conditioning programs for performance enhancement, and profiling elite performance.
The Effects of Different Types of Eccentric Overload Training on Strength, Speed, Power and Change of Direction in Female Basketball Players.https://www.mdpi.com/2411-5142/5/3/50
The Positional Demands of Inter-County Camogie. https://sportperfsci.com/the-positional-demands-of-inter-county-camogie/
Current Research Students
- Joseph O'Brien (MSc.) - The Efficacy of Flywheel Inertial Training
- Philip Connors (MSc.) - Quantifying player load in Intercounty Camogie
Area of Interest for future Supervisory role
- Quantifying and monitoring training load.
- Female athlete performance normative values.
- Understanding strength and conditioning coaching.
Engagement and Collaboration
Sport Science support to Underdogs TV show 2019 - TG4