Dr Daire Ó Broin
B.A. (Mod) Mathematics, TCD
Ph. D. Computer Science, TCD
Lecturer at the Department of Computing
Principal Investigator, GameCORE
- Research Interests
- Research Supervision
Dr Daire Ó Broin is a lecturer on the Computer Games Development progamme and conducts pure and applied research in the areas of Games, Gamification (applying games to non-game contexts), Games Based Learning, and Learning analytics.
The main theme of his research is to develop approaches for creating engaging experiences for different contexts, such as supporting therapy, formal and informal learning, and entertainment.
- Daire Ó Broin, Ken Power, Encouraging a Focus on Mastery Using Game Elements, European Conference for Game Based Learning 2014 [TO APPEAR]
- Keith Burke, Daire Ó Broin, John McEvoy, Teaching Death Concepts to Adults with Intellectual Disabilities using Computer Games, European Conference for Game Based Learning 2014 [TO APPEAR]
- Daire Ó Broin,Towards a Sustainable Learner Model, European Conference of Technology Enhanced Learning 2013
- Daire Ó Broin, Ross Palmer, Combatting Social Isolation and Cognitive Decline: Play a Physical or Digital Game?, European Conference for Game Based Learning 2013
- Dale Cantwell, Daire Ó Broin, Ross Palmer, Greg Doyle, Motivating Elderly People to Exercise Using a Social Collaborative Exergame with Adaptive Difficulty, Proceedings of Game Based Learning, 2012
- Hans Demski, Claudia Hildebrand, José López Bolós, Winfried Tiedge, Stefanie Wengel, Daire Ó Broin, Ross Palmer, Technical Requirements of a Social Networking Platform for Senior Citizens, Medical Informatics in Europe Conference, 2012
- Daire Ó Broin, Using a Criteria-Based User Model for Facilitating Flow in Serious Games, Proceedings of Virtual Worlds for Serious Games 2011.