South East Regional Development Scholarship Fund
The South East Technological University is pleased to announce a major funded programme of PhD scholarships.
This initial call is directed to candidates who are interested in undertaking a PhD research programme to be jointly supervised by research staff from both institutes (one supervisor from each institute).
Funding will be awarded for a four-year structured PhD scholarship. Scholarships are valued at €16,000 per annum plus fees and each project will have an additional budget for research expenses. In line with international best practice, scholarship recipients will be required to undertake two hours of academic development activities per week during academic terms.
Applicants whose first language is not English must demonstrate on application that they meet an English language requirement with a minimum score of 6.0 IELTS (minimum of 6.0 in each component) or equivalent. This is required for all postgraduate programmes.
Applicants who are currently registered at another Higher Education Institution cannot be offered a scholarship until they provide evidence that they have completed their studies at the other Institution.
The successful scholar is required to apply at least once to the Irish Research Council under the appropriate programme (Government of Ireland Postgraduate Programme). In the event of a scholar securing a national scholarship, either Institute reserves the right to withdraw funding.
Any intellectual property arising from the research undertaken shall become the property of either Institute (or successor body).
Any scholarship award will be made subject to the veracity of the information provided in the application.
Summary Titles of Research Programmes
- Making the smart grid more robust
- Co Designing an Inclusive Age Friendly Multi Campus University for the Future
- Edge-AI for Prognostics of Electric Machines for Sustainable Transport: A co-Hardware and Algorithm Approach
- A Design Research Approach to Manage and Support Multi-Disciplinary and Inter-Disciplinary Research Projects
- Integrating into practice tools that systematically teach performance standards in postgraduate academic writing and support the closure of performance gaps
- Wired & Developing: The role of digital interaction in Early Childhood Education and Care
For further information, please contact the individual PIs for queries relating to projects (contact emails in abstract descriptors linked above). For other general queries relating to the scholarship and for application forms and for details of the application process please email Dr Brian Jackson, Head of Postgraduate Studies (email@example.com)