President's Research Fellowship Scholarship
Applications are invited from suitably qualified recent graduates or those who will be graduating in 2022 who are interested in pursuing a postgraduate degree by research.
Summary Titles of Research Programmes
- Bioconversion of food-waste to biofuel and value-added products
- Characterizing bacterial and fungal degradation of Polystyrene plastics
- Does organic grain enhance the terroir of Irish Whiskey?
- Using co-design to develop an inclusivity and well-being model for children with autism within the GAA
- The effect of the menstrual cycle and body composition on performance and perceived performance in elite female athletes
- PhD/MSc Blockchain Governance: One Person, Many Tokens?
- PhD in Automated Regression Testing of Programs
- PhD/MSc High Resolution and Precision Graphical Agent-Based Model for Viral Pandemic Simulation and Prediction at Municipal and Sub-municipal Level
- ILLUSTRATE: user-centrIc muLti-modaL USer inTerfaces foR Aal sysTEms Part II
- Interpreting brain wave activity through the use of a Deep Neural Network
- Modelling of multi-layered materials for the prediction of endurance to high velocity droplet impact erosion for coating systems
- Calibration of Digital Twins for Buildings using Machine Learning
- Characterizing the Supersonic Micro-Nozzle Designs for Cold-Spray Applications
- Derived Smart Geotechnology Repair Tile for Large Scale Water/Liquid Retaining Structures
- Simulation of wind flows and the dispersion of pollutants in urban area
- An Investigation into Performance Characteristics of Piezoelectric Components under Shock Response Spectrum (SRS)
- Develop a Multi-Frame Super-Resolution Algorithm for Soft X-Ray Microscope Images using Spatio-Temporal Analysis
- An Investigation into cold-weld adhesion for spacecraft repair after a space debris impact using space education based sub-orbital sounding rocket platform
- The development of User Centred Design (UCD) methodologies appropriate to the unique configuration and needs of the Small to Medium Enterprise (SME) sector to improve innovation and product development
- Defining Local Food
- Exploration of the Process for Managing the Integration of Early Supplier Involvement (ESI) During Incremental Product Improvement Projects
- Strategies to increase fat metabolism and lower inflammation during endurance running
Impact of the Bruchid Beetle (Bruchus rufimanus) on the agronomic value of the Faba Bean (Vicia faba L.) seed
Priority consideration will be given to applications from graduates and students of SETU.
Students interested in particular topics are encouraged to contact the principal supervisor directly. Email contact details are included with the project outline.
Applications for an award should be made using the application form below. The completed form, together with any additional attachments, should be emailed to pfaapplications.CW@setu.ie, before 16:00 hrs (Irish time) on Friday 25th February 2022.
Shortlisted applicants will be invited to attend a brief interview (most likely via online platform).
Any potential applicants that have general queries about the application process or the scholarship programme are asked to email either the Head of Postgraduate Studies, Dr. Brian Jackson (email@example.com) or Sarah O’Brien (firstname.lastname@example.org).
To apply, please complete the application form and send it with any additional attachments to pfaapplications.CW@setu.ie on or before 16:00 hrs (Irish time) on Friday 25th February 2022.