How to Apply
Things to know before you apply
In this section you will find information about the application process for non-EU students and also some tips to assist you with your online application. Please ensure to read this information carefully before completing your application.
The Application Process
- The approximate time for an application to move from the submission to the offer stage is 7-21 days.
- Once your application has been successfully submitted via the online application form, you will receive an automated response confirming same.
The next notification you will receive will be by email and will include:
- Your unique application code (also your ILO Reference code)
- The name and contact email of your main point of contact for the entire application process
- Any requests for documents that were not submitted with the application and are required for the review of the application.
- Following the review of applications, conditional offers are issued to suitably qualified candidates. Where the candidate has met the entry requirements fully i.e. there are no outstanding academic requirements on the offer letter – the offer can be accepted via the payment of a tuition fee deposit.
- Where there is a condition of entry (ex; successful completion of current studies and submission of transcript, submission of a language certificate that meets our entry requirements) this condition must be met prior to candidates making fee payment to secure their place.
- Candidates must accept offer via the payment of tuition fees
Tips on completing application form
- Only the programmes that appear on the drop-down menu in section 2 of the online application forms are eligible for the Long Stay Study Visa for Ireland (approved full-time programmes) and are therefore available for non-EU students. If you have a query about what programmes are available to you, please contact email@example.com
- Applicants who are required to complete a foundation programme prior to beginning Bachelor Degree studies, should apply for the Certificate in Preparation for Higher Education
- The online application form should be used by all non-EU applicants seeking entry to programmes at SETU Carlow and Wexford Campuses;
- Use the Postgraduate Application Form for Higher Diploma and Master Degree programmes.
- SETU Carlow Campus offers programmes with a September intake only. Most programmes begin in the first weeks of September. Applications for the long stay study visa for Ireland can take up to 12 weeks.
- Tuition fee payments via our online payment partner TransferMate can take 5-10 working days. It is therefore advisable to have received an offer and accepted it via the payment of tuition fees in plenty of time to prepare and submit the visa application in the first two weeks of June – allowing maximum time for the visa application to be processed by the visa office.