Fee information below is for non-EU students only. Non-EU fees are not listed on the individual programmes on the university website.
- There is no application fee for Foundation Programme, Bachelor Degree programmes or Higher Diploma programmes.
- All candidates for Master Degrees should submit their application via the university’s online application form. No application fee is charged at the time of submitting the application.
- Once the application for the Master Degree programme has been received, it will undergo the initial review within the International Office. If the application is eligible to be put forward for subsequent review by the relevant Head of Department or Programme Coordinator, the candidate will be notified of the requirement to pay a €50 application processing fee.
- The €50 application processing fee is non-refundable.
- Where candidates for Master Degree programmes secure an offer and go on to accept it and to enrol at the university– the €50 application processing fee is deducted from their overall tuition fee.
- There are no registration fees for students taking up places at SETU Carlow Campus.
- Certificate in Preparation for Higher Education (Foundation Program) - €7,750
- All Bachelor Degree Programmes and Higher Diploma Programs - €10,250 Annually
- All Taught Master Degree Programs - €11,250
Tuition Fee Payments – Non-EU students
When should tuition fees be paid?
- To accept an offer of a study place at SETU Carlow - candidates must make a tuition fee payment.
- Most candidates choose to pay a €1,000 tuition fee deposit to secure their place on their chosen programme. Securing your place via the payment of a tuition fee deposit is highly recommended as places on all programmes are limited. The €1,000 tuition fee deposit is deducted from the overall tuition fee.
- Formal Offer Letters (FOL) are issued to all candidates who have paid €6,000 of their overall tuition fees.
- For visa required students, the FOL is an essential part of the visa application and so those preparing to apply for the Long Stay Study Visa for Ireland should ensure that they have paid at least €6,000 of their fees and received their FOL prior to the 1st of June 2023.
- For non-visa required students, the FOL is not essential to their gaining access to Ireland. However, it will still be issued to any non-visa required student who pays €6,000 of their overall tuition fee.
- The balance of tuition fees is due for payment prior to registering at the institute in September.
- Where it is not possible for students to pay their fees in full prior to registration, they must formally notify the International Office in advance. All outstanding fees for the academic year 2022/2023 must be paid prior to Jan 31st 2023.
How to make a tuition fee payment
- All Non-EU students must use the PayToStudy / TransferMate facility to pay tuition fees to SETU Carlow.
- PaytoStudy / TransferMate lets you make international payments to the SETU Carlow for free, without paying international banking charges while receiving competitive foreign exchange rates.
What are the benefits of using the TransferMate system?
- A more streamlined payment process
- No international sender/receiver fees
- Great exchange rates
- 24-hour customer service from PaytoStudy / TransferMate
- 24-hour online tracking of payments
Ready to make a tuition fee payment now?
Follow steps below
STEP 1 - Confirm your SETU Carlow Invoice & ILO reference code. This is your unique application code – it is made up of 8 digits, joined by a ‘-‘. It can be found at the top if your conditional offer letter. Example; 2021-1234
STEP 2 - Visit the payment website and complete the brief registration form. Choose between wire transfer and credit card payment. Click ‘YES’ you are ready to pay today and then select ‘Process Transaction’.
STEP 3 - If you chose credit card payment just enter your details and if you chose wire transfer you will be asked to transfer the funds to the advised bank account.
STEP 4 - Email firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy of your passport, and your invoice letter from the SETU Carlow and if you have chosen wire transfer a copy of the payment receipt.
STEP 5 - Once PaytoStudy / TransferMate receive your funds and required documents, they will transfer the funds to SETU Carlow and email you confirmation of your payment. PaytoStudy / TransferMate notify you when they receive your fees – this is not the date that your fees are received by the university. Please be patient as you await confirmation from the university that your fees have been received.
In the event of a visa refusal which is confirmed in writing from the Visa section of the Department of Justice, a full refund of fees will issue. A partial refund may be considered where a student has registered and has subsequently been certified as medically unfit to continue their studies and as a result have been repatriated. Where such a refund has been agreed, payment will be made into a bank in the student’s country of origin.