Insurtech Network Centre (INC)
The Insurtech Network Centre (INC) is an innovative and exciting initiative with a vision to facilitate the development of a strong Insurance and Insurtech Ecosystem in the South East of Ireland; supporting sustainable employment by facilitating the expansion of the existing regional Insurance sector cluster, fostering collaboration with indigenous Insurtech Startups, as well as promoting investment and attracting international Insurance players to the region.
The INC vision is reflected in the core values and activity pillars: Engage, Expand & Start
- INC Engage - with Industry by developing a suite of industry focused and applied learning, training and educational content to develop a deep pool of sector talent.
- INC Expand - facilitate Insurance sector access to the Research & Innovation capabilities of Institute of Technology Carlow including: Design Thinking, Data Analytics, Artificial Intelligence, Internet of Things and Blockchain as well as Electronic Engineering & Systems.
- INC Start - host a unique Insurtech Accelerator to encourage innovation through collaboration between Insurtech Startups and the Insurance industry.
- INC Engage Expand Start: Development of a co-working facility as a flexible workspace for new and existing Insurance businesses which will evolve into a centre of Insurance Innovation Excellence both regionally and nationally.
- INC Online – develop a blended online and face-to-face learning model for delivery of technical training, academic programmes and masterclasses.
A New Opportunity
Through INC, the Irish Insurance sector is now presented with an unprecedented opportunity to leverage the resources and capabilities of Institute of Technology Carlow to build a sustainable competitive advantage for a global market.
Darren Smith, Business Development Manager for Insurtech Network Centre discusses how the INC will facilitate the expansion of the growing Irish Insurtech sector at the Insurtech underground panel discussion:
INC in partnership with the Insurance industry will provide solutions to challenges either poorly solved or not solved at all at present.
If you are an existing Insurance business and would like to explore how INC will provide solutions to these challenges through innovation, or if you are a business Founder/Startup who would like to investigate how your solution could be applied to Insurance sector challenges – please feel free to contact us.
Please contact Insurtech Network Centre, Business Development Manager Darren Smith on email: firstname.lastname@example.org and tel: 059 9175211
The Insurtech Network Centre at Institute of Technology Carlow is supported by Enterprise Ireland under the Regional Enterprise Development Fund 2017 – 2020, and is brought to you in partnership with Wexford County Council and Carlow County Council.