Bachelor of Business, Options in Business, Digital Marketing CW037
- NFQ LEVEL 7
- 3 Years
- Further Studies
- Career Prospects
- Entry Requirements
What is the Course about?
This course provides an academic qualification for anyone interested in a career in business or digital marketing.
The first two years cover foundational business subjects including: business mathematics; marketing; IT and digital media; communications and customer service; financial accounting; information technology; management and economics.
In Year 3, students opt to specialise in a business or a digital marketing stream. The business stream provides a broad business focus in the areas of management, finance, economics, business technology and marketing. The Digital Marketing stream develops specialist technical skills and knowledge including e-business, digital media design and marketing management. A key feature of this Bachelor of Business degree is a 12 week work placement which takes place in Year 3.
- 12 week work placement in Year 3, enabling students to apply the skills learned in a way that is industry relevant.
- Exit award – Higher Certificate in Business (NFQ Level 6) after Year 2.
- Flexibility enabling students to choose a speciality after Year 2.
- Continuous assessment is a feature of this programme.
- The course aids students in making the transition to higher education via an induction programme and modules in study skills, library resources and academic writing. This is further supported through Blackboard, an online learning environment, where students are offered modules which they can undertake at their own pace e.g Learning in Higher Education.
What follow-on study opportunities are available?
Graduates are eligible to enter Year 4 of the Bachelor of Business (Honours) with options in Business or Digital Marketing.
What exemptions will I receive?-
What will I be able to do when I finish the course?
Graduates of the business stream are qualified for a wide range of business roles including management, marketing and financial services, administration, retail management and business computing. Graduates of the digital marketing stream will have the necessary knowledge and skills to work in businesses with the added value of specialised digital marketing skills and knowledge.
What are the minimum entry requirements?
- English or Irish O6/H7
- Mathematics O6/H7
Human Resource Management
For Further Information ContactProgramme Director
Dr Tomás Dwyer, BBS (Hons), MBS, DEd