Bachelor of Business in Digital Marketing SE416
- NFQ Level 7
- 3 Years
- Further Studies
- Career Prospects
- Entry Requirements
What is the Course about?
Business is the interaction between people, processes and exchange. It plays an important part in our daily lives along with driving innovation and prosperity in our communities.
This course equips students with the applied skills and knowledge needed to pursue a career in a variety of areas such as commercial activity, entrepreneurship, public service, government and the not-for-profit sector. The course is structured around four key pillars – management, finance/economics, business technology and marketing.
The first two years of this programme provide students with a foundation in business, with some electives. After two years, students decide on their chosen area of specialism in either Business or Business with Digital Marketing. Depending on your choice and your areas of interest there are also electives are available in Commercial Law, Fund Accounting and Global Economics.
In Year 3, you will also undertake a professional work placement where you will put your learning into practice and gain practical experience.
Is this course for you?
If you are interested in how organisations and individuals are managing organisations in an evolving digital and international environment, this course will interest you.
- Choice of specialist streams after year 2 that allows you to graduate with a degree in Business or a degree in Business with Digital Marketing.
- Students undertake a 12 – 20 week placement, preparation and practice in Year 3. This placement gives students valuable experience in best practice approaches and improves their employability.
- A large emphasis on the application of technical skills and design acumen to formulate complex business solutions.
- Specialised subjects such as Fund Accounting.
- International focus throughout the course, in modules such as Global Economics Marketing Management and Financial Management.
- Exit Awards: Higher Certificate in Business (NFQ Level 6) after Year 2 and Bachelor of Business or Business with Digital Marketing (NFQ Level 7) after Year 3.
What follow-on study opportunities are available?
Graduates are eligible to enter Year 4 of the Bachelor of Business (Honours) in Business.
What exemptions will I receive?-
Higher Certificate in Business (NFQ Level 6) after Year 2; Bachelor of Business, Business or Business with Digital Marketing (NFQ Level 7) after Year 3.
What will I be able to do when I finish the course?
Because business activities are so widely seen in society graduates from business have a wide array of sectors from which to choose careers. Past graduates have gained employment in financial services, digital marketing, public service, education as well as management roles in retail, marketing, technology and administration. Graduates have the necessary knowledge and skills to work in all organisations requiring specialised digital marketing skills.
What are the minimum entry requirements?
- English or Irish O6/H7
- Mathematics O6/H7
Academic and Professional Skills
Statistics and Forecasting
Introduction to Management
Customer Service in Practice
Managing an Enterprise
Fundamentals of Financial Accounting
Introduction to Marketing
Human Resource Management Skills
Business Research Methods
Group Elective 3
Digital Media Design - (For Digital Marketing Stream-Business)
Placement Preparation and Practice
For Further Information ContactProgramme Director