Bachelor of Arts (Honours) Sports Management & Coaching CW858
- NFQ Level 8
- Application Form
- 4 Years
- Further Studies
- Career Prospects
- Entry Requirements
What is the Course about?
The field of sports management and coaching is changing rapidly. Professional sporting bodies require their management and coaching staff to not only have an excellent understanding of their chosen sport, but to equally have strong business skills.
On completion of the course, students will have a detailed understanding of:
- Player development
- Coach education
- Strength and conditioning
- Programme planning
- Performance analysis
- Sport finance
- Sport media and marketing
Check out our promotional video clip on youtube
- This is the only course of its kind in Ireland and is delivered in association with the GAA, FAI and Leinster Rugby.
- Experienced coaches and coach educators from each of the sporting bodies deliver the player development and coach education modules of the course.
- Competitive Institute of Technology Carlow team Environment in GAA, Rugby and Soccer with 2017 national title wins including; Senior Hurling Division 1 League Champions 2018 (4 in a row); Fitzgibbon Cup semi finalists 2018; Womens Soccer Intervarsity Kelly Cup aand Premier League winners 2018; Womens soccer Futsal Cup Winners 2018 (3 in a row); Men's soccer CFAI Futsal Finalists 2018 and CFAI Cup Winners 2012 - 2017 (6 in a row); IRFU Student Sport Ireland Brandan Johnston Cup Finalists.
- Premium sporting facilities including elite sports gym, general student gym, GAA and rugby pitches with full changing facilities and viewing stands.
- A new Sports Campus is currently being developed, phase one of the development will include six new pitches and dressing room facilities etc.
- Exit award - Bachelor of Arts Sports Coaching and Business Management (GAA, Soccer, Rugby) after Year 3.
What follow-on study opportunities are available?
Graduates of this course may be eligible to progress to Masters level in the areas of Performance Analysis, Strength and Conditioning and Business or the MSc in Strength and Conditioning.
What exemptions will I receive?-
What will I be able to do when I finish the course?
Graduates will be qualified to work in a variety of sports-related careers including sports development officers, sports management, club development, club administration, sport coaching and fitness instruction.
What are the minimum entry requirements?
- 2H5 & 4O6/H7
- English or Irish O6/H7
- Once you apply to this course through the CAO you will be sent an information form from the Institute, which you will need to complete and return.
- You will then be invited to attend a trial/skills followed by an interview
Information forms are available to download from the following links:
Effective Writing & Research
Player Development 1 - GAA
Coach Education 1 - GAA
For Further Information ContactProgramme Director