Bachelor of Arts in Sport Coaching and Business Management (Football) CW827
- NFQ Level 7
- Application Form
- 3 Years
- Further Studies
- Career Prospects
- Entry Requirements
What is the Course about?
Sports bodies require their management and coaching staff to have a well-rounded understanding and knowledge about their chosen sport as well as business and management knowledge. A Sport Coaching and Business Management degree explores the cross-functional nature of business and sport and equips students with the necessary skills to attain careers in: sport management, club development, games development and club administration.
Applicants can apply for both the BA (Honours) Sport Management and Coaching (CW858 - NFQ Level 8) and the BA Sports Coaching and Business Management (CW827 - NFQ Level 7) on the CAO application. Both courses run concurrently for the first three years.
Check out our promotional video clip on youtube
Is this course for you?
This course is suitable for anyone who has an interest in football, both playing and coaching or in the business and administration side of sport. It is open to students of all playing and coaching abilities - not just elite athletes and coaches.
- Course delivered in association with the FAI.
- Graduates will acquire an academic qualification while gaining the opportunity to develop as a footballer and to obtain coaching qualifications.
- Competitive Institute of Technology Carlow team environment in football. Men’s CUFL Premier Winners 2015/16 and Women’s Intervarsity Kelly Cup Winners 2017/18 and
2015/16. CUFL Premier Winners 2018/2019 and CFAI Cup winners 2020.
- Player development and football education modules are delivered by experienced coaches and coach educators from FAI with the opportunity to attain your UEFA B Coaching Qualification in the 3rd year of the course.
- Premium sporting facilities including our new South Sports Campus with six new pitches, elite sports gym, general student gym, rugby pitch with full changing facilities and viewing stands.
- Exit Award: Higher Certificate in Arts in Sport Coaching and Business Management (Football) (NFQ Level 6) after Year 2.
What follow-on study opportunities are available?
Graduates of this course may be eligible to progress to Year 4 of the BA (Honours) Sport Management and Coaching (CW858) or Year 4 of the BA (Honours) Management Practice (CW868).
What exemptions will I receive?-
What will I be able to do when I finish the course?
Graduates will be qualified to work in a variety of sports-related careers including:
- FAI Development Officer
- FAI Administration
- Sports Management
- Club Development
- Academy Football Coach
- Fitness Instructor
- Performance Analyst
- Coach Education
- Business Administrator
- International Coaching Positions
- Professional/Semi Professional Footballer.
What are the minimum entry requirements?
- English or Irish O6/H7
- Once you apply to this course through the CAO you will be sent an information form from the Institute, which you will need to complete and return.
- You will then be invited to attend a trial/skills test followed by an interview.
- Garda vetting required.
Applied Anatomy and Sport Physiology 1
Introduction to Coaching Pedagogy
Professional Writing and Research in the Digital Age
Player Development 1 - Football
Applied Anatomy and Sport Physiology 2
Introduction to Accounting for Sport
Foundations of Sport Management
Player Development 2 - Football
Coach Education 1 - Football
Injury Prevention and Recovery Strategies in Sport
Accounting for Sport
Player Development 3 - Football
Coach Education 2 - Football
Strength and Conditioning
Finance for Sport 1
Player Development 4 - Football
Coach Education 3 - Football
Fitness Testing and Load Monitoring in Sport
Finance for Sport 2
Sponsorship in Sport
People Management Skills (Sports)
Player Development 5 - Football
Coach Education 4 - Football
Community Sport and Social Inclusion
Sports Performance Analysis
For Further Information ContactFAI Programme Leader