Bachelor of Arts Sport Coaching & Business Management (Soccer) CW827
- NFQ Level 7
- Application Form
- 3 Years
- Further Studies
- Career Prospects
- Entry Requirements
What is the Course about?
Sports bodies require their management and coaching staff to have a well-rounded understanding and knowledge about their chosen sport but also of business and management knowledge. A Sports Coaching and Business Management degree explores the cross-functional nature of business and sport and equips students with the necessary skills to attain careers in: sport management, club development, games development and club administration.
Applicants can apply for both the BA (Honours) Sport Management and Coaching (CW858 - NFQ Level 8) and the BA Sports Coaching and Business Management (CW827 - NFQ Level 7) on the CAO application. Both courses run concurrently for the first three years.
Check out our promotional video clip on youtube
- Course delivered in association with the FAI.
- Graduates will acquire an academic qualification while gaining the opportunity to develop as a footballer and to obtain coaching qualifications.
- Competitive Institute of Technology Carlow team environment in Soccer. Men’s CUFL Premier Winners 2015/16 and Women’s Intervarsity Kelly Cup Winners 2017/18 and 2015/16.
- Player development and football education modules are delivered by experienced coaches and coach educators from FAI with the opportunity to attain your UEFA B Coaching Qualification in the 3rd year of the course.
- Premium sporting facilities including elite sports gym, general student gym, and floodlit soccer pitch.
- Exit Award: Higher Certificate (NFQ Level 6) in Arts in Sports Coaching and Business Management (Soccer).
What follow-on study opportunities are available?
Graduates of this course may be eligible to progress to Year 4 of the BA (Honours) Sport Management and Coaching (CW858) or Year 4 of the BA (Honours) Management Practice (CW868).
What exemptions will I receive?-
What will I be able to do when I finish the course?
Graduates will be qualified to work in a variety of sports related careers including:
- FAI Development Officer
- FAI Administration
- Sports Management
- Club Development
- Academy Football Coach
- Fitness Instructor
- Performance Analyst
- Coach Education
- Business Administrator
- International Coaching Positions
- Professional/Semi Professional Footballer.
What are the minimum entry requirements?
- English or Irish O6/H7
- Once you apply to this course through the CAO you will be sent an information form from the Institute, which you will need to complete and return.
- You will then be invited to attend a trial/skills test followed by an interview
Foundations of Sport Mgmt
Effective Writing and Research
App Anatomy & Sport Physiology
Information Technology 1
Player Development 1 - Soccer
Coach Education 1 - Soccer
Finance for Sport 1
Functional Screening & Fitness Testing
Strength & Conditioning
Player Development 2 - Soccer
Coach Education 2 - Soccer
Finance for Sport 2
People Management Skills (Sports)
Sponsorship and Media Management in Sport
Legal Studies for Sport
Applied Programme Planning
Group Elective 1
Player Development 3 - Soccer
Group Elective 2
Coach Education 3 - Soccer
Group Elective 3
Community Sport and Social Inclusion
For Further Information ContactProgramme Director