Bachelor of Arts Sport Coaching & Business Management (Rugby) CW817
- NFQ Level 7
- Application Form
- 3 Years
- Further Studies
- Career Prospects
- Entry Requirements
What is the Course about?
Sports bodies require their management and coaching staff to have a well-rounded understanding and knowledge not only about their chosen sport but also of business and management. A Sports Coaching and Business Management (Rugby) degree explores the cross-functional nature of business and sport and equips students with the necessary skills to attain careers in: sports management, club development, games development and club administration.
Applicants can apply for both the BA (Honours) Sport Management and Coaching (CW858 - NFQ Level 8) and the BA Sports Coaching and Business Management (Rugby) (CW817 - NFQ Level 7) on the CAO application system. Both courses run concurrently for the first three years.
- Course delivered in association with Leinster Rugby and the IRFU.
- Institute of Technology Carlow has a strong rugby tradition of teams that compete in third level competitions. The men’s teams won the Fresher’s U20 O’Boyle Cup in 2016/2017 and the Senior Men’s team won the Brendan Johnson Cup in 2017 (5 times winners in the last seven years). The women’s team were the Student Sport Ireland Intervarsity champions in 2015.
- Player development and coach education modules are delivered by experienced coaches and coach educators from Leinster Rugby.
- Premium sporting facilities including elite sports gym, general student gym, and rugby pitches.
What follow-on study opportunities are available?
Graduates of this course may be eligible to progress to Year 4 of the BA (Honours) Sport Management and Coaching (CW858).
What exemptions will I receive?-
What will I be able to do when I finish the course?
Graduates will be qualified to work in a variety of sports-related careers including: games development, sports management, club development, personal coaching, coaching-fitness and business management.
What are the minimum entry requirements?
- English or Irish O6/H7
- Once you apply to this course through the CAO you will be sent an information form from the Institute, which you will need to complete and return.
- You will then be invited to attend a trial/skills test followed by an interview
DownloadsRugby (CW817 and CW858) Information form 2019.pdf
Player Development 1 - Rugby
Information Technology 1
Foundations of Sport Mgmt
Effective Writing & Research
App Anatomy & Sport Physiology
Coach Education 1 - Rugby
Finance for Sport 1
Player Development 2 - Rugby
Strength & Conditioning
Func Screening & Fitness Test
Coach Education 2 - Rugby
Finance for Sport 2
Player Development 3 - Rugby
Applied Programme Planning
Coach Education 3 - Rugby
HR & Legal Issues in Sport
Sponsorship and Media Management in Sport (part 1)
Sponsorship and Media Management in Sport (part 2)
For Further Information ContactProgramme Leader
Denis O'Brien, ACMA, MBA