Bachelor of Arts Sport Coaching & Business Management (GAA) CW807
- NFQ Level 7
- Application Form
- 3 Years
- Further Studies
- Career Prospects
- Entry Requirements
What is the Course about?
Sports bodies require their management and coaching staff to have a well-rounded understanding and knowledge of their chosen sport but also of business and management. A Sports Coaching and Business Management (GAA) degree explores the cross-functional nature of business and sport and equips students with the necessary skills to attain careers in: sports management, club development, games development and club administration.
Applicants can apply for both the BA (Honours) Sport Management and Coaching (CW858 - NFQ Level 8) Sports Coaching and Business Management (GAA), (CW807 - NFQ Level 7) on the CAO application. Both courses run concurrently for the first three years.
- This is the only course of its kind in Ireland and is delivered in association with the GAA.
- Competitive Institute of Technology Carlow team Environment in GAA, with 2017 national title wins including; Senior Hurling Division 1 League Champions (3 in a row); Fitzgibbon Cup Finalists; Sigerson Cup Quarter Finalists; Women’s CCAO Purcell Cup Semi Finalists
- Experienced coaches and coach educators from each of the sporting bodies deliver the player development and coach education modules of the course.
- Premium sporting facilities including elite sports gym, general student gym, GAA and rugby pitches with full changing facilities and viewing stands.
What follow-on study opportunities are available?
Graduates of this course may be eligible to progress to Year 4 of the BA (Honours) Sport Management and Coaching (CW858).
What exemptions will I receive?-
What will I be able to do when I finish the course?
Graduates will be qualified to work in a variety of sport related careers, including sport development officers, sport management, club development and/or administration, sport coaching and fitness instruction.
What are the minimum entry requirements?
- English or Irish O6/H7
- Once you apply to this course through the CAO you will be sent an information form from the Institute, which you will need to complete and return.
- You will then be invited to attend a trial/skills test followed by an interview
DownloadsGAA (CW807 and CW858) Information form 2019.pdf
Player Development 1 - GAA
Information Technology 1
Foundations of Sport Mgmt
Effective Writing & Research
App Anatomy & Sport Physiology
Coach Education 1 - GAA
Player Development 2 - GAA
Strength & Conditioning
Func Screening & Fitness Test
Coach Education 2 - GAA
GAA Club Administration - GAA
Finance for Sport 1
Finance for Sport 2
Player Development 3 - GAA
Applied Programme Planning
Coach Education 3 - GAA
GAA Work Placement - GAA
HR & Legal Issues in Sport
Sponsorship and Media Management in Sport (part 1)
Sponsorship and Media Management in Sport (part 2)
For Further Information ContactProgramme Director
Brian Dunne, BSc(Hons) MSc