Bachelor of Science Information Technology Management CW217
- NFQ Level 7
- 3 Years
- Further Studies
- Career Prospects
- Entry Requirements
What is the Course about?
IT (Information Technology) Management involves the coordination of complex computer systems in organisations including the selection, installation and maintenance of all computing technologies.
This is a critical role in any organisation as the efficient management of IT is vitally important for all aspects of a business.
This course provides a unique blend of business and IT subjects which is viewed by industry as an essential element in the role of a modern IT manager. The course comprises a significant amount of practical work. In particular, Year 1 features continuous assessments with no final year exam, enabling students to monitor progress throughout the year.
On completion of the course, students will have a detailed understanding of:
- Network systems management, advanced database management
- Strategic management
- HR technologies
- Financial information management
- Day-to-day IT department management.
Is this course for you?
Are you interested in working as an IT professional, but not necessarily as a software developer? Are you interested in a qualification that enables you to work in a vast array of organisations from small local companies to large multinationals? Are you interested in a course that gives you exposure to business and IT subjects much needed in industry?
- Work placements are offered as part of all undergraduate courses with leading national and international companies. Previous placements have been made with Adidas (Germany), Ericsson, Kerry Food, MSD, Intel, Glanbia and Abbott Ireland.
- Institute of Technology Carlow’s final year industry showcase is attended by leading IT employers.
- Exit award: Higher Certificate in Science in Computing (with options in Computer Applications and Programming) (NFQ Level 6) after Year 2.
What follow-on study opportunities are available?
Graduates are eligible to proceed to the BSc (Honours) in IT Management (CW248) at Institute of Technology Carlow.
What exemptions will I receive?-
What will I be able to do when I finish the course?
Graduates are qualified to work across the IT spectrum in any industry sector. Some sample positions include:
- Business Analyst
- Systems Administrator
- IT Consultant
- Database Administrator
- Network Administrator
- Web Developer
- Deployment Engineer
- Data Management Analyst
- IT Manager
- Project Manager
What are the minimum entry requirements?
- English or Irish O6/H7
- Mathematics O6/H7
Applications & Interpersonal Communications
Web Programming and Databases
Secure Systems Administration
Project (Systems Mgmt)
Group Elective 2
For Further Information ContactProgramme Director