Bachelor of Science in Computing in Interactive Digital Art and Design SE615
- NFQ Level 7
- 3 Years
- Further Studies
- Career Prospects
- Entry Requirements
What is the Course about?
Graduates of Interactive Digital Art and Design are imaginative, innovative creators. They will make key contributions to digital product design, particularly when it comes to user experience. This field covers a range of industries, including games development, application development, multimedia entertainment, simulation and virtual reality creation, animation, and filmmaking. This program gives graduates the know-how for success in digital artistry and application development. They will learn concept design, digital artwork production and graphics coding. When done, they will have multiple concepts for games, applications, and media entertainment.
This course provides graduates with the skills required to become professional digital artists and application developers. They will acquire skills in concept design, art production and graphics programming. On completion, you will have produced numerous concepts for games, applications, and entertainment media. Lectures and course practicals cover industry-standard tools and technologies for:
|Digital Art||Digital design||Programming|
|2D Concept Art||Graphic Design||Application Development|
|3D Modelling and Sculpting||User Interface Design||
Web Development HTML5
|Character Rigging||Digital Product Prototyping|
|2D Animation||Application Architectures|
|Digital Media Production|
Collaboration is actively encouraged throughout this course and prepares students for the professional working environment. Collaboration, beginning in first year, with students from Computer Games Development will result in the creation of numerous portfolio titles, game projects and technical demonstrations
Is this course for you?
- Are you interested in learning the principles of Digital Art production
- Are you interested in creating Interactive Digital Art for applications, games, film and media
- Are you interested in exploring the world of Applied Design in technology and entertainment industries
- Are you interested in Interactive Digital Art and simplifying complex interfaces to enable audience immersion
- Students will develop their skills in a collaborative environment emphasised by teamwork and project work throughout the course.
- Access to state-of-the-art studio with individual student workstations for 3 rd year students
- Work placements incorporated into Year 3 and are offered with leading national and international companies; students may also opt to complete a portfolio project and / or a study abroad (Erasmus+)
- The department maintains an international perspective through widespread collaboration with other computing departments and higher education providers with active research links with Germany, The Netherlands, France, China, Finland, Norway, Hungary and UK.
- Exit Award: Bachelor of Science in Computing in Interactive Digital Art and Design (NFQ Level 6) after Year 2
What follow-on study opportunities are available?
Graduates are eligible to progress to Bachelor of Science (Honours) in Computing in Interactive Digital Art and Design and on graduation to either Masters or Doctoral level within the CompuCORE Research Centre at SETU Carlow or elsewhere.
What exemptions will I receive?-
What will I be able to do when I finish the course?
As this course is focused on the user centred design, graduates will develop skills in 2D and 3D interactive art creation, user experience design, user interface design and programming.
Graduates can work as 2D concept artists, 3D concept artists, technical artists, user experience designers, user interface designers and user interface programmers.
Course participants will be visual design literate within the interactive digital art space and able to
effectively use colour, form, light and composition. Graduates will be ready to contribute to the development and preparation of prototypes and style determination of games, applications and entertainment media.
Portfolio Games (Art, Design Programming) Year 2 Interactive Digital Art and Design
What are the minimum entry requirements?
- English or Irish O6/H7
- Mathematics O6/H7
Human Computer Interaction
Introduction to 2D Digital Art
Mathematics for Graphics
Introduction to Programming
Introduction to Data Analytics
Concept Art for Games
Introduction to Object Oriented Programming
User Interface Testing
User Interface Programming
Introduction to 3D Digital Art
User Interface Prototyping
Web User Interface Design
User Experience Measurement
Interactive Content Creation
Advanced User Interface Programming
For Further Information ContactProgramme Director