Bachelor of Engineering Agricultural Systems Engineering SE733
- 3 Years
- Further Studies
- Career Prospects
- Entry Requirements
What is the Course about?
The agri-food sector is one of Ireland's most important indigenous manufacturing sectors, accounting for employment of around 150,000 people. It includes approximately 600 food and drinks firms throughout the country that export 85% of our food and seafood to more than 160 countries worldwide.
This programme focuses on agricultural science, agri-business, agricultural engineering and agricultural systems. Students will develop knowledge in areas such as sensing technology, electro-pneumatics, electro-hydraulics, automation, Agribusiness, management, marketing and product pricing.
It is also envisaged that graduates of this programme will have Young Trained Farmer status.
- Dual campus delivery between Wexford and Carlow Campuses – Hybrid blend of B. Eng. Across Agriculture and Engineering Disciplines
- Practical emphasis through specialised laboratory and Workshop interaction focusing on Robotics, automation, and software application to Agriculture Engineering Systems.
What follow-on study opportunities are available?
Graduates from the Level 7 programme can progress onto the Level 8 programmes and specialist Lifelong learning technical programmes including:
- Certificate in Agricultural Science
- BEng in Mechanical Engineering.
What exemptions will I receive?-
What will I be able to do when I finish the course?
The main employment areas are as follows:
- Design of agricultural machinery and equipment
- Control System Design
- Agri systems testing and maintenance
- Advising the agrifood industry
- Design of agricultural/food processing infrastructural works
What are the minimum entry requirements?
- English or Irish O6/H7
- Mathematics O6/H7
Principles of Crop Production
Mechatronics for Agriculture
Engineering Mathematics 1
Applied Physics for Agriculture 1
Ruminant Animal Production
Agricultural Design and Mechanisation
Engineering Mathematics 2
Manufacturing and CAD
Engineering Mathematics 3
Agricultural Marketing I
Applied Physics for Agriculture 2
Concepts in Soil Science
Agricultural Micro Economics
Materials Science in Engineering
Engineering Mathematics 4
Sustainable Cropping Systems
Automation and PLC's for Agricultural Systems
Agricultural Design, Simulation and Analysis
Engineering Mathematics 5
Agricultural Marketing II
Applied Soil Science
For Further Information ContactCourse Director
Dr John Carroll