Bachelor of Science (Honours) in TV and Media Production CW578
- NFQ Level 8
- 4 Years
- Further Studies
- Career Prospects
- Entry Requirements
What is the Course about?
The Bachelor of Science Honours degree in TV and Media Production is a hands-on course where students find themselves completely immersed in the practical world of media production.
This course allows students the chance to practically apply skills in writing, editing, camera, sound and graphics that they will acquire over the four years, but also offers students the theoretical and legal backdrop for their work.
Students of this course will also benefit from the Institute’s recent investment in 4k cameras and suite of digital media studios.
Is this course for you?
- Film & TV production
- Graphics & Animation
If you are someone who is interested in the above topics, then maybe this is the course for you.
- 60% of the course is practical work.
- 70% of the course is assessed through continuous assessment in place of
- Dedicated TV and audio studio and editing facilities.
- Editing suite with all of the latest editing and animation software (AVID, Adobe, ProTools).
- Location filming on and off campus.
- Exit Award: Bachelor of Science in TV and Media Production (NFQ Level 7) after Year 3.
What follow-on study opportunities are available?
Graduates of this course will be eligible to progress to postgraduate study at either masters or doctoral level at Institute of Technology Carlow or another third level institution.
What exemptions will I receive?-
What will I be able to do when I finish the course?
Graduates of this course will be equipped to:
- Design content for interactive websites
- Research, plan and manage TV and film productions
- Create motion graphics and visual effects to professional broadcast standards
- Understand the legal requirements associated with commissioning and broadcasting.
The range of career options open to graduates of this course is extensive and includes roles such as: production manager; media content researcher; director/producer for TV; web developer or media entrepreneur.
What are the minimum entry requirements?
- 2H5 & 4O6/H7
- English or Irish O6/H7
- Mathematics O6/H7.
Introduction to TV Studio Production
Introduction to Production
Introduction to Audio
Principles of Light
Writing for the Screen
Introduction to Single Camera Production
Introduction to Post Production
Principles of Sound
Shooting and Editing
TV Studio Production I
Graphics and Animation I
TV Research & Writing
Single Camera Video Production
TV Studio Production II
Web Technology & Video
Sound for Film
Cinematography and Post Production
TV Studio Production III
For Further Information ContactProgramme Director
BA (Hons), MA