Institute of Technology Carlow Vacancies
Confined Competition - Senior Staff Officer (Grade VI) - (Ref: 141/17)
Competition is confined to the Education and Training Sector Candidate Pool
The Institute wishes to establish a panel to fill all part time, full time, permanent and contract Grade VI positions which may arise in the Institute over the next 2 years.
The Senior Staff Officer plays a vital role in the development and management of administrative and professional services in the Institute. The creation of a Technological University in the south east will bring many new exciting challenges for this role that will call on the ingenuity, resilience and technical skills of the post holder.
Successful applicants may be assigned to any of a very wide range of areas or activities carried out in an Institute. This could involve the supervisory responsibility for a section of the Institute’s activities and /or the application of a high level of skill and/or experience in a specialist field and specific aspects of the Institute’s policy and procedures. The collection and collation of complex material and the preparation of reports and submissions is also a part of this role.
This role will demand a high level of judgement in the performance of this role as well as an in depth knowledge and skill in the use of information and communication technologies.
Requirements and Eligibility for Recruitment for Confined Competition from the Education and Training Sector Candidate Pool
Have the requisite knowledge, skills and competencies to carry out the role and be capable and competent of fulfilling the role to a high standard.
- Have obtained at least Grade D3 in five subjects in the Leaving Certificate Examination (higher, ordinary, applied or vocational programmes) or equivalent or have passed an examination at the appropriate level within the QQI qualifications framework which can be assessed as being of a comparable to Leaving Certificate standard or equivalent or higher or have appropriate relevant experience which encompasses equivalent skills and expertise;
- Have at least two years in a Grade III post, or equivalent, or higher, in the Education and Training Sector.
- Have successfully completed their probation period, or have successfully completed a probation period at a lower eligible grade.
- Have some experience of managing or supervising staff
- Have a high level of competence in the use of information technology
- Have experience in managing a significant project or area of work
- Have gained a third level qualification (Level 7 or above)
Closing Date: Monday 15th January 2018 at 12.00 noon
Salary: €45,849 - €56,031
Applying for this post:
To apply for this post candidates must complete the Institute's Application Form.
- To download the Application Form please click here
- To download the Job Description please click here
Garda Vetting will be conducted prior to any job offers.Institute of Technology Carlow is an equal opportunities employer.