Carlow Campus Open Day
Open Day is an ideal opportunity to find out more about the complete range of courses on offer at the Institute of Technology Carlow. It is also a great chance to experience student life on campus. So come along to our Open Day, meet our Academic Staff and talk to current students.
Thursday 16th November 2017
Speak to staff members and current students at information stands located in the Exhibition area (Atrium) and Barrow Centre 10:00am - 1:30pm.
Download our schedule below to find out about everything that will be happening on the Open Day.
Carlow Campus Open Day Includes:
- A general talk on course / career choices and transition to higher education. This talk will be held in Lecture Hall A102 and will be repeated four times with the first talk commencing at 10.00am followed by 10.45am, 11.15am and 12noon.
- Individual course talks across a range of discipline areas delivered by academic staff at regular time intervals.
- An Open Day Exhibition in the Central Services Building, in our Student Services Centre (Barrow Centre) and in our newly opened Haughton Centre. This exhibition will provide information stands on Courses, Admissions, Access, Accommodation, Health Care, Students Union, Clubs & Societies etc.
- SUSI will be represented once again on campus this year at Open Day to answer all your questions in relation to financial support for college.
- View demonstrations in the Student Services Centre (Barrow Centre) Sports Hall from a sample of our Clubs & Societies and enjoy watching model cars created by first year students from our engineering department as they race through heats all the way to the final.
- Library Tours will be available on the day providing an opportunity to view all the facilities and supports provided to learners while in college.
- An IT Carlow Open Day Debate organised by our Built Environment Department will take place in Rooms C135 (Nore Building) and K103, K104 (Dargan Centre) from 10.00am to 4.00pm. Schools from around the country will participate and visiting guidance counsellors, staff and students are welcome to drop in to listen to the arguments for and against the motion.
- Information for visiting students will be provided on arrival. All students on entering the institute will receive the Schedule of Events and the Schedule of Course Talks.
- Open Day Help Desks will be available throughout the campus staffed by Institute of Technology Carlow students to facilitate any questions your students may have and to assist them in locating course talks that they may wish to attend.
- A meeting for Guidance Counsellors with the Head of Student Services and Access Officer, followed by the main information session with President of Institute of Technology Carlow, Dr Patricia Mulcahy.
Open Day is an ideal opportunity to find our more about the complete range of courses on offer at the Instititute of Technology Carlow and a chance to experience student life on campus. Avail of the Help Desks located around the campus - the students there will be happy to assist you.
- Go to as many course talks as possible and ask questions.
- Visit the departmental stands and ask questions about the courses on offer.
- Visit our Admissions stand, ask questions about our application process and pick up an Institute prospectus.
- Ask at stands to take a tour of that department’s laboratories and workshops.
- Check out our Clubs and Societies’ displays in the Barrow Centre Sports Hall.
- Enquire about academic and sports scholarships.
- Focus on your future and make the most of this opportunity.
If you require any further information on the Carlow Campus Open Day, please contact Mary Bates e: email@example.com