Carlow Campus Thursday 19th November 10-2pm
Wexford Campus Friday 27th November
Carlow Campus Open Day Includes:
- A general talk on course / career choices and transition to higher education. This talk will be held in Lecture Hall A102 and will be repeated four times with the first talk commencing at 10am.
- Individual course talks across a range of discipline areas delivered by academic staff at regular time intervals.
- An Open Day Exhibition in the Central Services Building and in our Student Services Centre (Barrow Centre) with information stands on Courses, Admissions, Access, Accommodation, Health Care, Students Union, Clubs & Societies etc.
- SUSI will be represented on campus this year at Open Day to answer all your questions in relation to financial support for college.
- View demonstrations in the Student Services Centre (Barrow Centre) Sports Hall from a sample of our Clubs & Societies and enjoy watching model cars created by students from our engineering department as they race through heats all the way to the final.
- Library Tours will be available on the day providing an opportunity to view all the facilities and supports provided to learners while in college.
- An IT Carlow Open Day Debate organised by our Built Environment Department will take place in Rooms C135 (Nore Building) and K104 (Dargan Centre) from 10.00am. Schools from around the country will participate and visiting guidance counsellors, staff and students are welcome to drop in to listen to the arguments for and against the motion. Preliminary motion is “This house believes that modular housing will provide suitable social housing”. The motion for the semi-final is “This house believes that the Government should introduce tax incentives for developers to promote house building”. The motion for the final will be announced along with the winners of the semi-final.
- Visit our Illuminating Designs exhibition. The intent of the exhibition is to showcase designs by IT Carlow students and to begin to look at every day objects in a different way.
- A meeting for Guidance Counsellors with the Head of Student Services and Access Officer to provide information on CAP (Carlow Access Programme). This meeting will commence at 10.45am in the Activities Room in the Student Services Centre (Barrow Centre).
- A meeting of Guidance Counsellors with the President of IT Carlow to discuss new developments at the Institute. This meeting will commence at 11.15am in the Activities Room in the Student Services Centre (Barrow Centre).
Carlow Campus Open Day Downloads
If you require any further information on the Carlow Campus Open Day please contact Mary Bates, Schools Liaison Officer on t: 059 9175092 or e: email@example.com
If you require any further information on the Wexford Campus Open Day please contact our Wexford Campus on t: 053-9185808 or e: firstname.lastname@example.org