Master of Science in Supply Chain Management
Master of Science in Supply Chain Management
NFQ Level 9
- For full details, please go to the postgraduate -admissions section of the website
1 Year Full-time/2 years Part-time (2 evenings per week 7-10pm)
Postgraduate Diploma in Science in Supply Chain Management (NFQ Level 9 - 60 credits)
- Entry Requirements
- Further Study & Careers
- PAC Codes & Fees
- How to apply
This Masters course offers a robust understanding of the concepts and best practices in Supply Chain Management for application in today’s global economy. Supply chain management and sourcing have become a central focus for companies due to the rapid changes in demand for products and services, globalisation and technology. With operations becoming more complex, companies in the manufacturing, retail and technological sectors are searching for individuals with supply chain expertise. This course has been designed in collaboration with industry to address those needs.
What will I be able to do when I finish this course ?
On completion, graduates of this course will be able to:
- Apply comprehensive knowledge of theory and practice of Supply Chain Management to a variety of industry operations;
- Build and develop multi- disciplinary teams across all functions to bring about radical improvements in supply chain capability;
- Effectively plan and manage resources at each stage of the supply chain;
- Use critical thinking and research skills to design/ redesign, implement and improve more sustainable, competitive and quality led supply chains from supplier to customer;
Communicate effectively with teams at all levels internally and build more sustainable, beneficial relationships along all stages of the supply chain from supplier to customer.
What subjects will I study?
- Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma
- Communications for Supply Chain Professionals
- Research Project SCM
Supply Chain Financial Management
- Sustainable Supply Chains
- Research Methods
- Strategic Supply Management
- Global Logistics and Technology
Entry requirements are a Level 8 degree with a minimum of Second Class Honours, Grade 2 in a related discipline or equivalent. IT Carlow operates a Recognition of Prior Experiential Learning (RPL) scheme whereby applicants may be considered, based on relevant work and other experience, for exemptions from course modules and advanced entry.
All applicants will be considered on a case-by-case basis. The Department reserves the right to require applicants to attend for an interview to determine their suitability for the course.
In light of current skills shortages in industry in the area of Supply Chain Management, this Masters course will provide participants seeking jobs in this sector with a competitive edge. For those participants currently working in the area, the course will enhance existing roles both on a professional and personal level by building on the practical skills and techniques required to succeed. It will also develop critical skills in areas such as process improvement, resource management, analytical and critical thinking, communication and sourcing and managing quality-led sustainable supply chains from supplier to customer.
This Masters course will prepare graduates to work in a number of job roles:
• Supply Chain Analyst or Manager
• Project Managers
• Logistics Managers
• Operations consultants/ Manufacturing or Service Operations Managers
• Warehouse/Inventory Manager
• Purchasing Manager/Buyer/ Planner.
What follow-on study opportunities are available?
Graduates may pursue Level 10 (PhD) study opportunities upon successful completion of this course.
A postgraduate diploma in Science in Supply Chain Management is an Embedded Exit Award (Level 9 - 60 credits).
Course Codes & Fees
|Course Code||course Title||Campus Location||Schedule||Fees||Closing date for applications|
|CWB11||Master of Science in Supply Chain Management||Carlow||Full-time||€5,500||Go to the Admissions section for more information on how to apply|
|CWL15||Master of Science in Supply Chain Management||Carlow||Part-time||€7,400|
|CWL16||Postgraduate Diploma in Science in Supply Chain Management||Carlow||Part-time||€5,500|
How to apply
- Research & choose your course from our wide range of postgraduate offerings on our website or in our prospectus.
- Check all of the relevant course information including entry requirements, course code and closing dates, taking time to read the Application Instructions.
- Get started on your postgraduate journey at IT Carlow!
For admissions queries from Irish or European applicants, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
All Non-EU international applicants should refer to the International section of the website for full details or email: email@example.com.
Full-time applicants may contact:
P: 059 9175355
BComm, MBA, MA, FCA
Head of Department-Business
P: 059 9175303
Part-time applicants may contact:
Faculty of LifeLong Learning
P: 059 917 5280
International (Non-EU) applicants may contact:
P: 00353- 59-9175205