Your skills are in need in new high value employment sectors. Springboard+ will help you make the transition. Up-skilling and cross-skilling for an employment growth area has never been easier. Feedback from employers confirms Springboard is producing throughput of skilled, job-ready personnel that they need.
- Springboard 2017
- Who is Eligible?
- How to Apply
What is Springboard+?
Springboard+ offers opportunities for FREE one-year higher education programmes. While many Springboard courses are targeted to Jobseekers, from 2017 many of the FREE courses are also open to those in employment and Homemakers. The FREE courses open to employed people will typically be in the areas of ICT Skills conversion and BioPharmaChem/Medtech manufacturing.
What courses are available under Springboard+ in 2017?
The following courses are offered to start in January 2018 under the Springboard+ initiative for 2017.
- Certificate in Purchasing Strategy, Quality Management & Lean Six Sigma »
- Certificate in Aircraft Acquisition & Finance »
- Certificate in Microbiology of Environmental Contaminants »
Who is Eligible?
The eligible applicants for Springboard+ 2017 are as follows:
1. Those in receipt of an eligible payment from the Department of Social Protection and the formerly self-employed
2. People who meet the criteria for ICT conversion courses irrespective of employment status
3. People not in receipt of a payment from the Department of Social Protection that have been out of the work environment for a number of years due to childcare or other caring obligations and have a previous history of employment but may require upskilling, reskilling or cross-skilling to transition back to the workforce (“Homemakers”)
4. People with a level 7 ICT qualification seeking upskilling in that discipline to a level 8 irrespective of employment status
5. People who wish to upskill or reskill to meet a specific emerging skills gap in the Biopharma/Med Tech sector irrespective of employment statusFurther information on eligibility is available at www.springboardcourses.ie/eligibility
How to Apply
To apply for a Springboard+ course applicants must use the centralised application system via www.springboardcourses.ie.
- What course you are interested in;
- What your current formal qualifications are;
- What relevant experience you have.
Once this summary information has been received you will be informed on how best to proceed.
Springboard+ Talent Directory
Is an online resource of over 6,500 highly skilled and recently trained candidates. It provides business with a unique search engine to help fill those extra spaces in your team. Register for free and make those connections today: Springboard+ talent directory