Part-Time Courses - Fees
What our students say...
Fees and Refund Policy
(a) Course fees are expected to be paid in full at the commencement of the course. IT Carlow recognises that some students may have difficulties in paying the full amount in one transaction thus the Lifelong Learning Centre has created a number of fee payment by instalment options. All such applications will be treated in confidence. In general, fee payment by instalment applications will only be considered for fees in excess of €1,000.
Students who apply for and are granted phased payment should note that failure to meet the payment dates set down for their payment scheme, in particular key dates, may:
- be denied access to Blackboard
- be prevented from sitting examinations in December, May or August as applicable
- have all other assignment / exam results withheld until payments are made
- assignments will not be accepted nor will a late submission for an assignment be accepted after late payments are made.
(b) Students in receipt of Grants or employer sponsorship etc. will be required to submit a letter of confirmation of grant eligibility from their granting authority in lieu of fees. They must also include a Purchase Order Number for invoice purposes. Where fees have not been paid by the ‘sponsor’ within thirty days after issue of the invoice, it is the responsibility of the student to then pay the fee and claim back fees from their sponsor.
(c) Repeat students will be required to pay relevant examination fee when applying to sit repeat.
(d) The Lifelong Learning Centre has a strict policy in relation to Refund of Course Fees and a fees refund or a percentage of same will only be given in the following circumstances:
- A full refund will be given if requested in writing before the commencement of the course.
- Where a student leaves within two weeks of the start of a short course (10-13 weeks), 70% refund of the course fee will apply. Outside this two week period there will be no refund of fees.
- For long courses i.e. those of one year duration or longer, a percentage of fees refund will be given over the first nine weeks of the course as per the table overleaf. Thereafter there will be no refund of fees.
- The refund calculation is based on the full fee for the course not the amount that a student may have paid under a fees payment instalment agreement.
- The fees refund calculation is based on the date that the student formally applies in writing to withdraw from the course.
- All courses will run subject to sufficient numbers. Where a course has to be cancelled those students who have registered and paid will be refunded in full.
- Receipts must be retained and produced when requesting a refund of course fees which must be applied for on the official LLL refund forms.
Mr Joseph Collins, B.A., H.Dip.Ed, S.T.B., STL, M.Ed
Head of Lifelong Learning
Dr John O'Neill, BA PhD
Assistant Head of Flexible and Lifelong Learning
Ms Anne Meaney, MA, MIITD, BA (Hons)