Relief Social Care Worker
Company Name: Positive Care
Location of Position: Various
Company URL: www.positivecare.ie
Number positions: Various
Vacancy Type: Summer Work/Part-Time
Duties: Overview The Social Care Worker will act as the support and care worker to young people referred to the house. He / she will contribute to an assessment of needs, thereafter implementing aspects of Placement, Behaviour Support (BSP), and Individual Crisis Management (ICMP) Plans that will help meet assessed needs. He / she will use the Positive Care Model of Care to teach new skills to young people and manage challenging behaviour. He / she will undertake appropriate actions to connect the young person with local resources. He / she will network with local providers and liaise closely with parents / carers, and referral agencies. This post will involve evening, weekend and residential shift working arrangements.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
1. Contribute to an assessment and behaviour management plan for children and young people referred to the house, including developing and implementing Behaviour Support Plans (BSP), Individual Crisis Management Plans (ICMP) and Placement Plans in line with Care Plans.
2. Teach young people who are not engaged in school outside the house, in both 1:1, and groups, following the individual educational plans developed for each young person.
3. Help young people who are engaged in school to complete their homework, assignments and any other requirements of their school attendance.
4. Participate in planned and responsive residential care designed to help meet assessed needs as defined in the young person’s Care and Placement Plans. Care for the young person following the BSP, Daily Plans and the ICMP developed for each young person from the Placement Plan.
5. Document the progress of the young person involved using the systems developed by Positive Care.
6. Liaise with supervisors, consultants, professionals, parents / carers and referral agents as required.
7. Ensure that each young person, and their parent / carer if appropriate, receives the agreed quality and quantity inputs.
8. Assist in conducting consumer evaluation of the House, and receiving complaints and compliments re. the services, with / from children, young people, parents / carers, communities and referral agents as required.
9. Attend mandatory Company training time / days.
10. Attend training as defined by your individual training plan.
11. Implement, and contribute to the amendment of the policies and procedures of Positive Care.
12. Attend team meetings and contribute to the formation and implementation of policies and strategic planning of Positive Care as required.
13. Implement the Health and Safety Policy and associated Risk Assessment processes for young people cared for in the house and for the environment inside and outside the house.
14. Support relief staff and trainees working in the House.
15. Contribute to the induction and ongoing training of all relief workers, trainees, support staff, and new staff.
16. Based on his / her capabilities, additional Shift-leading Duties may be assigned by the Unit Manager, to a designated Social Care Worker, on each shift.
17. Be pro-active in developing team cohesion with the creation of a positive atmosphere and contribute to team building exercises that build team confidence and morale.
18. Undertake all administrative functions necessary for the smooth running of the team functioning.
19. Ensure that all files and client recordings are completed on his / her designated shift on a daily basis.
20. Following the MDSP, send all relevant reports (including complaints, incidents, accidents, & monthly reports) to the referring social worker
21. Adhere to all financial management systems and make sure petty cash is reconciled and signed off at the end of each designated shift
22. Take part in the tasks which make the house a home, routinely cooking, cleaning (the house, grounds, vehicles, etc.) and carrying out basic repairs within the designated time scales and according to the routines of the house
23. In the absence of a Childcare Leader, undertake the duties and designated responsibilities of the Child Care Leader in his / her absence.
24. Make use of and encourage “whistleblowing”, according to the whistleblowing policy.
25. At all times maintain confidentiality in regard to the children in our care, staffing matters, financial matters and any other matters internal to the company.
26. Take responsibility at all times for the wellbeing of the Company, putting it before personal, financial or other gain.
27. Any other duties, within the competence of the postholder, that may be required, reasonably, from time to time.
Target Discipline: Social Care
Level: Part Qualified
Additional Info: Qualifications, Knowledge and Skills: • Degree in Youth and Community Work; Early Childhood Studies; Sports and Recreation; Recreation and Sports Management; Social Care; Applied Social Studies; Applied Social Science; Applied Social Studies in Social Care; Addiction Studies; Social Care Practice; Nursing; Psychiatric Nursing; Psychology; Physical and Health Education; Education; Counselling and Psychotherapy OR a MA or MSc: in any of the above; Social Work. OR a HDip Education along with a Bachelor’s degree. • A full, clean, manual driving license, valid in Ireland • Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal • Knowledge of the key elements of effective team working • Knowledge of the Irish National Standards in Children’s Residential Centres • Experience of working with teenagers with challenging behaviour.
Method application: Please use the link to access our online application form http://www.positivecare.ie/careers/#current-vacancies
Closing Date: 31-08-2017