IT Carlow, Kilkenny Road, Carlow, IrelandTel: 059 91 75000Fax: 059 91 75005Email: info
Research & Development
Life at IT Carlow
IT Carlow has great courses, I am really enjoying my time hereWatch the video »
Dr Ger Murphy
Eight years brewing research experience and ten years research into the metabolism of Lactic Acid Bacteria at UCC and IT Carlow.
Lecturer, IT Carlow
- The development and production of probiotic Lactic Acid Bacteria for clinical use in humans and animals.
- The production of flavour compounds by microorganisms, particularly yeasts.
- The use of White Rot Fungi in the bioremediation of synthetic polymers.
1. The Production of Isoamyl Acetate by Saccharomyces cerevisiae. (2003) M.G. Quilter, J.C. Hurley, F. J. Lynch and M.G. Murphy. Journal of the Institute of Brewing. 109, 1: 34-40
2. Murphy, M.G, Condon, S (1984a). Correlaton of oxygen utilization and hydrogen peroxide accumulation with oxygen induced enzymes in Lactobacillus plantarum. Cultures.
Arch. Microbiol. 138: 44-48
3. Murphy, M.G., Condon,S (1984a). Comparison of aerobic and anaerobic growth of Lactobacillus plantarum in a glucose medium. Arch. Microbiol 138:49-53
4.Murphy,M.G., O’Connor,L., Walsh,D. and Condon,S, (1985). Oxygen dependent lactate utilization by Lactobacillus plantarum.
5. Murphy, M.G. and Condon, S. (1982). The aerobic metabolism of Lactobacillus plantarum. Abstract in the Proceedings of the AGM of the American Society of Mcrobiology, Atlanta, Ga, 1982.
6. Dunne, G and Murphy, M.G. (1999). The isolation of lactic acid bacteria from human intestinal biopsy samples. Proceedings of the 4th Research Science Colloquium of the Institutes of Technology (Institute of Technology Letterkenny, May 1999).