President's Research Fellowship Scholarship
To encourage academic excellence IT Carlow offers a range of post graduate fellowships to recent graduates. The President’s Research Fellowship Scheme is intended to attract high calibre graduates to undertake a higher degree by research. Fellowships candidates should have attained (or expect to achieve) a First Class Honours or Second Class Honours Grade 1 degree.
The 2-year Fellowship for a Masters by Research provides the following benefits (total for 2 years study):
- Payment of Tuition, capitation and examination fees valued at up to €10,000
- A stipend of 10,000 Euro (i.e. €5,000 p.a. to be paid quarterly)
- An allowance for necessary materials / consumables associated with the project (amount set and varies with discipline area).
- An allowance of 1,000 Euro for travel associated with conferences / dissemination of research outputs)
- Access to Post Graduate Conference support of up to €1,500
- Office space and facilities
Research Programme Proposals 2017
View a full list of current research programme proposals or for more detailed information click on the links below.
To apply for a Presidents Research Fellowship Scholarship, please email email@example.com with the title(s) of the project being applied for, a cv and a statement (c.500 words) as to why this project is of interest to you. Interviews will be held for these scholarships in June with the programmes to start in September. If applying for more than one research project please list them in your order of preference.
The initial deadline for applications is 5.00 p.m. on Friday 9th June 2017 but applications will be considered throughout the year until all scholarships have been filled.