The Role of Athlete Support Personnel in Promoting Clean Sport
Rachel Maguire - Anti Doping Education & Research Executive will present this talk which will include:
- Strict Liability
- Anti-Doping Rule Violations (how they relate to ASP)
- Testing (Target testing/ Athlete Biological passport)
- Checking Medications/prohibited list
- TUE’s (potential abuse of TUE’s)
- Supplement risk minimisation
Biography - Rachel Maguire
Rachel holds an honours degree in Sport and Exercise Rehabilitation from IT Carlow and an MA in Higher Education from DIT.
Rachel has previously worked at Whites Hotel whole body Cryotherapy clinic and high performance centre. She also previously held the position of sports course director at Portobello Institute and worked at the Royal College of Physicians in education and professional development.
Rachel currently holds the position of anti-doping education and research executive at Sport Ireland. Rachel is currently studying for an MSc in applied e-learning from DIT.